Saturday, March 19, 2016

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle {2014) Movie

To start my day I was writing and watched the 2014 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie; which I had been putting off watching for a long time since I love the turtles. These are some thoughts I threw out on Twitter while watching:
Watching this movie made me wonder why they haven't come out with a book series about the early pre-teen turtles?
Listened to the first three episodes of Podcast In A Half Shell yesterday at work put me in the mood to watch this today. http://popcultureparlour.podbean.com/
Think I might watch the original movies later.
I'm not someone who goes all picky about the changes in things I like. So far its entertaining. I do think Shredder looks like a Micheal Bay Decepticon and the turtles voices don't stand out enough from each other but its cool.
I've liked just about every version of he turtles but hated just about every version of Shredder.
Tone of Will Arnett's character is a little off. I think his comedy timing works best with dark tones I think. Look at Arrested Development. Though to be honest I think that's true of all the comedy in this movie. Seems a little off its mark... just a little.
I think the action is good, and effects with visuals great. 
Just had a thought. A crossover with Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Deadpool!!! That would melt my brain.
I liked the new turtles movie. From seeing the trailer to the second one it looks like they are fixing some of the comedy issues. This movie wasn't perfect but I liked it. Yes, they did that whole Hollywood change for change thing but it was fun.

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: