Friday, January 7, 2011

REVIEW: BLACKEST NIGHT

Writer: Geoff Johns
Penciller: Ivan Reis
Inkers: Oclair Albert, Rob Hunter, Julio Ferreira; Joe Prado
Colorist: Alex Sinclair
Letterer: Nick J. Napolitano
Cover: Ivan Reis, Oclair Albert with Alex Sinclair
PUBLISHED BY: DC Comics

During the big crossovers company even era we live in, the only DC crossovers I have liked have been the Batman line events and 52. 

Being such a huge Green Lantern fan (though I hate Hal Jordan) I really wanted Blackest Night to be a great read. Right here is usually when someone adds a but... But I'm not going to, I loved Blackest Night.

Even though it was about zombies.

Oh, I guess I did use a but there.

Barry Allen drives this story forward or runs it forward. His return, his friendship; and how he reacts to the Black Lanterns are the heart of what makes this a good read. I don't want  to give away too much because I know a couple people who are just now making their way through the Green Lantern trades from the past few years. I've been a good pusher getting as many people as I can interested in the current run of Green Lantern stories. 4 out of 5 stars

BRIGHTEST DAY: VOLUME ONE
3 out of 5 stars
I enjoyed this story which follows on from Blackest Night but it seemed like a lot of what they told in one whole volume could have happen in maybe two issues. I will check out the second volume because I enjoyed this but I hope the story gets going because volume one was one big setup.

and here are a couple star only reviews:
ROBIN: WANTED
3 out of 5 stars

JEEVES & WOOSTER: SERIES 1
2 out of 5 stars

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: