Monday, April 5, 2010

REVIEW: STAR WARS THE FORCE UNLEASHED

Script by Haden Blackman
Art by Brian Ching, Bong Dazo; Wayne Nichols
Colors by Michael Aityeh
Letters by Michael Heisler
Published by DARK HORSE BOOKS

I should start by saying I haven't played the game this book is based on but I have found most of Dark Horse's Star Wars comcis well worth the read. On another side note I don't think I have played a Star Wars game since I had a fighter game on my first computer.

I picked up this book after spotting it at one of our lcoal library branches. I will not spoil anything but will say I really liked how this story showed the start of the Rebel Alliance and how everything in the Star Wars universe comes from a tip of political backstabbing. It also looks at how the Sith's greatest enemy is not and has never been the Jedi but the very nature of the existance of the Sith themselves.

For fans of Star Wars old and new I would recommend this book, I give Star Wars: The Force Unleashed well worth a read, some ncie story tie in elements, but nothing bold. Now that I'm in the mode I have a DVRd episode of The Clone Wars to watch but that may have to wait until after the Braves/Cubs game.

2 Out Of 5 Stars

review by Brian C. Williams

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: