Monday, July 19, 2010

DOCTOR WHO #9-12

DON'T STEP ON THE GRASS

Written by Tony Lee
Art by Blair Shedd
Colors by Charlie Kirchoff
Letters by Robbie Robbins; Neil Uyetake
Edits by Denton J. Tipton
Covers by Paul Grist, Phil Elliott, Blair Shedd; Phil Elliott

Published by IDW Publishing

I have really enjoyed the IDW Doctor Who books and the ongoing series has been a take it as it is normal comic based on a Tv show but the Don't Step On The Grass has been the best so far for this ongoing. The best stories I think have came from the one-shots. Tony Lee is very much hit or miss as a writer to my tastes. I really think a writer switch would be a good thing for the book. 

I'm going to try and start reviewing this series issue by issue in the future, but since I don't go to my local comic shop that often, when I do I find a few issues awaiting me in my pull folder.

I have really liked the animation style artwork of Blair Shedd partnered with the covers by Paul Grist and I have not picked up one issue in regrett with this artist doing the art. I'll have to look and see if I can find Blair Shedd doing any other books.

The new companions Emily and Matthew are not as cookiecutter as some comic companions have been as their personal story arcs are the highlight of the series so far. Soon will come the 11th Doctor and I hope that also doesn't signal the end of the travlels for Emily and Matthew.

Next week I'll review the first two issues of the new Birds Of Prey ongoing. See you then.



Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: