Wednesday, October 13, 2010

ULTIMATE COMICS SPIDER-MAN: THE WORLD ACCORDING TO PETER PARKER


WRITER
brian michael bendis
ARTIST
david lafuente
COLORIST
justin ponsor
LETTERER
vc's cory petit

PUBLISHED BY
marvel comics

I  have missed a few volumes of Ultimate Spider-Man leading up to and including The Ultimatum Wave but this volume is my first introduction to the new look Ultimate Universe and as the only book I was following was Ultimate Spider-Man that's how it should be.

There are a lot of Bendis haters out there. People who will only judge his books just by his name being connected to the project. I'm not one of those. Some of his work I have enjoyed, some not so much, but I think when time has passed his run on Ultimate Spider-Man will be considered one of the top five takes on the character ever.

Even though there is a lot of back story to this series, don't let you lead you away from reading it, most of the back story is explained before the collection gets started or easy to understand as the story goes forward. I consider this a great jumping on point for those who may not want to start with the very first Ultimate Spider-Man volumes, though I think you should, you can start here.

I've always looked at Ultimate Spider-Man as one of the best YA books out there. Better writing and drama than most of the big prose books YA books AND YOU GET REALLY COOL ART WITH THE COMICS!
4 Out Of 5 Stars


AND HERE ARE SOME QUICK REVIEWS:

BATMAN: KING TUT'S TOMB
2 Out Of 5 Stars

HOUSE OF M: UNCANNY X-MEN
2 Out Of 5 Stars






Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: