Sunday, May 9, 2010

DOCTOR WHO #7 - 8

TIME SMASH

Written by Tony Lee
Art by Al Davison
Colors by Lovern Kindzierski
Letters by Neil Uyetake
Edits by Denton J. Tipton
Covers by Paul Grist, Phil Elliot; Al Davison

Published by IDW Publishing

This two part story came at a good time and once again I'm glade they are not set on a story has to be this many issues or that many. I'm really enjoying the canon touches also because so far they really haven't hurt the flow of any of the issues and just added nice little touches for some people get what the images or references repersent.

This two part story reminded me a lot of, The Edge Of Destruction, from the first season of the classic series. Not only because of its setting but because of who really is the main character of the story. I don't want go into too much detail here because of spoiling anything but I really liked this story. The artwork by Al Davison is some of the best I've seen in any Doctor Who comic. Give this artist an ongoing someone. I hope he returns to another story in this series.

So without getting into spoilers I think I'll get into my review end. I recommend this story as a great starting point for new readers and those who picked up the previvous 6 issues so far. It gave us a fast moving story that moved the overall story arc along with pieces of the past thrown in for fun. 3 out of 5 stars because I really enjoyed the sidestep as we head toward the time of this story arac into The 11th Doctor era for this comic.

Review by Brian C. Williams

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: