Sunday, April 24, 2011

REVIEW: Doctor Who: The Impossible Astronaut

Doctor Who: 
The Impossible Astronaut 

Every season since Doctor Who came back to Tv I said over and over again that I was going to review each episode after I watched them, before the next episode aired. I never did it before but lets see if I can do it this time.

Work always got in the way in the past. Fingers crossed that work actually does get in the way again because that would mean I would have money coming in.

I was talking to someone recently about how I thought Game Of Thrones needed to start with a double episode to open the series. The opening episode left too much setup with no payoff. This is not just my thinking for that series but every series. All setup or two part stories to open a season just doesn't work in my opinion.

I enjoyed The Impossible Astronaut but I really think it would have been better as a three part story after two self contained stories to open things. As with Game Of Thrones you had a ton of rushed setup and now you have to wait until next week to see if any of it pays off. With this episode of Doctor Who the writing was good, the acting was good, but still way too rushed for me and all setup.

Saying that I'm going to stay away from any spoilers here for those who haven't watched it. I know a lot of people wait for the DVD sets to come out. I just need to say that what happens at the beginning of the episode may have bothered a lot of people but the reveal near the end really made me roll my eyes. There are only a few sure fire ways to damage a television series and I hope the Doctor Who team doesn't go there.

Hey, I'm a huge Doctor Who fan so I'll always find something I love because its new episodes for my all time favorite Tv show.

Ok, I have one big problem to start the season from last season. Can someone please tell me if Rory is still an Auton? Did they ever settle that? I have to say the end of last year was great and very confusing.


Very.

THE IMPOSSIBLE ASTRONAUT 
3 out of 5 stars

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: