Thursday, December 6, 2007

THE TITLE IS: FADING WRATH

I shave back one of my faces,
Pealing away the skin,
I look into the mirror,
The sin,
Why does this have to be me?

Why do I awake to my own face?
My uniform is inside my head,
Just when you thought you had it all figured out,
The badges of courage are just dead,
The singing sounds are like an Angels pain,
Beatiful and full of blame,
Things tic tock and bleed down a lonely road,
We fight until we can bare no more,
And that is the carrying of our daily load,
That is the price we pay,

All the things dancing around within each eye,
Come here really quick and I will tell you a old lie,
Shout back and say its all just gone,
These days I know how to cry,
But I also know how to touch each moment which is no more,

The singing does not go away,
The pain has not just had its day,
Letting go is not the answer,
The scars will not fade away,
Covering them up is not the answer,

I embrace the mothers and fathers,
I embrace the ways of others,
Waiting for their moment,
Waiting for their chance,
We all are waiting,


(c)brian c. williams
SYSTEM*PRODUCTIONS
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: