Monday, February 15, 2010

REVIEW: NARUTO 47


by Masashi Kishimoto
Publisher: Shonen Jump Manga

      The last few volumes of this series have been a little flat to me. The Pain storyline did not have the creatively choreographed fight scenes that earlier stories did. This volume sees the series returning to its roots of putting a lot of creativity behind the fights and putting a lot of emotion into the conflict. I would be hard to talk about this volume without spoiling anything but what you do find here is a sense that things are rolling to something very big.
     
In the creators mini-intro this was stated:
"The plot development toward the finale having been settled, I am drawing full steam ahead! Please continue enjoying Naruto until the end!!"
     
      I don't look up much Naruto stuff online in fear of spoilers so maybe I'm wrong here but that sure sounds like an end to the series is in sight. Though that could be years down the road it still makes me a little sad to know a series I have enjoyed so much is coming to an end. But also it is good to know this story will not go on forever and water itself down. I'm all for manga series having an end. DEATH NOTE in one would have been better rested in my mind if it had ended after about four or five volumes.
      Naruto is a great series. I would even go as far as to put the first set of Naruto volumes right there with Harry Potter for creativity and energy. Though the last time I mentioned that particular view I got a lot a hate mail so I will stop things right there.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: