Sunday, March 21, 2010

BASEBALL, WILDLIFE, AND RAIN

Mar loves national parks  so we are visiting parks or historical places all the time and people are always asking me to write blogs about the trips. I'm a hack at fiction more less non-fiction. I'll try to start doing this more often though starting with the last two trips we undertook. I think it will stretch some writing muscles I don't use. Wait, I said Undertook? Is that just a hillbilly thing or did I get that right? I would only place these type entries in my LiveJournal because they are more personal entries but I love how photos look on my Blogger account. Two other things. Sorry for any weird formatting, I'm still learning how to make a good photo blog entry and also sorry for how crappy some of the photos are but they are from a very simple little T-Mobile flipphone and also if you are interested in more of my photos on the go {but for the most part a lot of cat photos} check out my  Twitpic site.

On March 13th we attended a Braves spring training game at Disney's Champions Stadium. The only thing I planned to buy was a game program and I got one as we arrived as the Blue Jays were taking bp. But the thing is I was surprised when someone came back from getting drinks with a really cool cap for me. It was a great day, nice weather and we didn't actually think the game was going to happen with it raining just about the whole week before but we ended up both getting sun burns, me big time.



Today we went to Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge and Canaveral Naitonal Seashore.

Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge. This first group of photos are from the visitor center which is really nice with a lot of displays. The outside is really nice also with a walkaround boardwalk and man nature trails.



Canaveral Naitonal Seashore. We went here for a Park Ranger lead walk along the beach at Eddy Creek. The rain keep us from having the full event but it was still really cool. A very beautiful place to visit. I want to go back there one day and do some fishing if I get the chance.

I put this together really fast because if I wait I wont do it at all. I hope you enjoy the photos and if you have in Florida check out some of the places we visited.

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: