Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Ponce Inlet Lighthouse

Saturday we made a couple trips but this one photo blog entry is going to be about our trip to The Ponce Inlet Lighthouse and I will post entries on the other places we ended up as the week goes on. Since I might be posting more than a few photos I'm going to keep the comments short. Plus, even if I love going on these trips Mar is the info. person. If anyone would like to see more photos on anything here just let me know. Also if you can make the trip or live in Florida I recommend visiting the Inlet Lighthouse.

Someone had the courage to request a photo of my white legs as I went out into the day in shorts and a Green Lantern t-shirt. Ok, Ms. Harold, where is my $5?







The first batch of photos is from my flip-phone and you can tell when my battery died and I started using Mars camera phone. This photo is the sign in the parking lot to the lighthouse grounds. You enter first through the gift shop where you purchase tickets to the whole grounds.







I like this photo with the sun shinning down on the nice day. It was a really nice day with a little cool breeze coming off the water.








For some reason I really love how this flagpole and the lighthouse line up in this pic. And yes, this is the first photo from Mar's cameraphone. The color of the lighthouse really stands out.










There are a large area of trails to do some walking in the light house grounds. This is a photo of a meeting area for tours within those trails. We didn't do a tour and walked around on our own. It's really nice.






I will end this photo blog with photos inside the ligthouse itself. I did not make it all the way up because my knees were killing me but it was really cool seeing inside. Mar did make it to the top, she has younger knees.










Was this up or down?












Down or up????












I'm thinking T.A.R.D.I.S.  ?












We packed sandwiches. It saves money. Anything along those lines live true in our hearts.










I took over 50 photos but only included a few here. I'll try to get more entries up as the week goes on about the other places we visited.

After the lighthouse.
On the road to The Seminole Rest Trail.

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: