Thursday, August 2, 2012

Where I spotlight a old release and talk about Chick fil A and other crazy shit.

     
     I'm going to try and make every Tuesday a spotlight day for a past releases. Yes I know its Thursday but so much shit has been going on from car problems to other things my regular blogging hasn't been so much regular of late.
     Hope to get back to a normal schedule next week of: Monday-Video Game Blog Entry, Tuesday-Past Releases, Wednesday-Reviews, and Thursday-Million Dollar 99 Cents{a Tumblr project with a group of friends} And then Friday, Saturday, and Sunday as always are me trying to stay off the net and write prose only days.
     This week I'm putting the first Turtle Edge story A Selection Of Spirit: Teacher's Pet in the spotlight. I wrote this script as part of a television pitch back when I was in college and then sat on it for a long time. The suits I pitched it too wanted a low budget supernatural show but thought this was too "redneck" and not enough "Buffy like." I still have the email exchanges. Looking back at it you can very much see the Buffy influences on it so I don't really think they ever watched the slayer in action. This was also the time of my life as a writer where I got chances but I refused to move an inch on creative changes when asked. No regrets except for when I look at my wallet but I wasn't ready then at all for success or to produce a good regular creative product.
     I decided to release the first script and materials to see if anyone has interest in reading more from this universe. I love these characters and hope other people enjoy their stories.



This pilot television script is the beginning of a story of friendship, redemption, and the sorrowful truth that sometimes no matter how hard we try we can not make up for the choices we have made in the past.

My Smashwords store can be found here.




CHECK OUT SOME COOL LINKS:
     Started the morning listening to Girl On Guy with Aisha Tyler and Rupaul.


RANTS AND SCREAMS:
     I love that people have started saying "religious liberty is under attack" by people being angry with Chick-fil-A. One, you mean your religious liberty, lets be honest. Hell with the attacks on Muslims or any other religion in this country. Two, are you kidding me? Chick-fil-A's religious nature as a business  was only a matter of jokes from time to time but the more people found out about their prejudice homophobia, that's when peoples anger grew. I'm not even a person to call for boycotts of the company or the like. Take that energy and put it into grass roots activism I say. But please media, please Christians, trying to paint Chick-fil-A as any sort of victim shows you just don't understand the root of that word. Which seems to be a stupidity a lot of religions share. Chick-fil-A never hid who they were. If they are now acting like they are being wronged that sounds a little like their faith is weakening. Sounds pretty weak to me. Just stand by your words.
   This is one step closer to our past. People like to say a step closer to the Hunger Games because that's cool to say but death, real death for entertainment is very much a part of humanities history and never really have gone away. It may have been tamed and went underground in ways but its always been here around and within us all. Plus this is kind of an insult to the real military to even mention reality with this type of program but its a propaganda show and we all know it. NBC's Stars Earn Stripes might be the bastard child of The Hunger Games, Idiocracy, and Tropic Thunder - Boing Boing
     The postal service is such an really important part of how our country operates the fact that so many people don't care about it shows two things about our country. One, that people are really stupid about how our country works and two, that so many people do understand how our country works and how the postal service going away would damage small business and the ever day citizen but they still don't care because that wouldn't effect them or their brethren. Postal Service Defaults, Congress Does Nothing
     Yesterday we went to pick up Mar's car. Paid them and it broke down before we got out of our parking space. That was the cock tease of car repairs. After looking the car over and taking some things apart they told her the timing belt broke between test drive after repairs and us getting here. It sound fishy but we talked about it and both of us actually believe them. They said it would be $500 more to get this fixed. You know what yesterday and today, you can just fuck yourself! Might just be cheaper to have it towed home and sale it for parts. 
     Where is the best place to sale dvds, books, magazines, and the like? I'm going to be saling all my stuff. Need to raise money fast. People keep telling me eBay but before I start doing anything I want to gather information for a few days. We have a trip coming up we paid for last year. To cancel now would loose most of the money plus Mar needs the trip so bad. This car mess had destroyed everything we had saved even before yesterday; so no money for new car, no money for doctor, and no money for trip. And me not working makes everything worse than it should be. I can't find work, writing is only producing pennies- so I need to produce somehow and books and dvds are just things.
     Add to yesterdays bullshit our apartment complex called and asked if we plan to sign a new lease. Me-"We did. Two months ago" That's twice they've called and asked that since we signed the new lease. Tired of this place. I think its run by chimps and populated mainly by hipster assholes who think they don't have to act like others are living around them. Now to post this and go over and yell at them for a while because stupidity gives out a bit of mistrust in my eyes.


Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: