Thursday, July 5, 2007

THE TITLE IS: GEEKING AT THE RIGHT MOMENTS

I really need to close some windows so lets get some links out of the way,

Bush Rebukes Husband
I love public couples and especially political couples in how they put on this act for the most part that they agree on all the big issues. It’s such bullshit and if true they must be so bored. One of the things I love about me and Mar’s relationship is the differences of opinion we have about so many things. Even when we agree its usually from different angles. Spices things up. Can make for great make up sex also if the argument blows up big time. What does this have to do with Ms. Bush’s not agreeing down the line with her husband? Well, not much because people have known for years that she does not agree with him on a number of issues. Though not agreeing and havinh the backbone to actually stand up for what you believe are two different stories.

films by women
I have not seen even one of these films but interested. Mar have you seen or heard of any of these?

The Lucifer Effect
Dude! Robbin, See, I read smart stuff today.

"minor obstacle"
And moving on to the politically stupid. Man, politics are so school yard for the most part.

widows
Interesting read. Mar. I linked in case you had not seen this yet.

"President Bush has refused to rule out the possibility of a full pardon for Vice President Dick Cheney's former chief of staff Lewis "Scooter" Libby. Bush commuted Libby's thirty-month prison term Monday shorlty after a federal appeals panel ruled that Libby could not put off serving his sentence while he appealed his conviction. That meant jail time for Libby was imminent and the US Bureau of Prisons had already assigned him a prisoner identification number. Libby was convicted in March, the highest-ranking White House official ordered to prison since the Iran-Contra scandal. He was found guilty of perjury, obstruction of justice and making false statements in the investigation into who blew the cover of CIA officer Valerie Plame. On Tuesday, Bush defended his decision to reporters outside the Walter Reed Army Medical Center. President Bush: "I took this decision very seriously on Mr. Libby. I considered his background, his service to the country, as well as the jury verdict. I felt like the jury verdict ought to stand. And I felt like some of the punishments that the judge determined were adequate should stand. But I felt like the 30-month sentencing was severe. I made a judgment, a considered judgment, that I believe is the right decision to make in this case, and I stand by it.""
Bush Won't Rule Out Libby Pardon
The Bush administration is like the mob. They protect their own. Well, unless their own would go to jail without it effecting them. Bush knows if Libby does go to jail it would black eye him and his ego just can’t take that. One of the things I have noticed about our president that seems in him being this way than any other president in history is how personal he takes everything. ‘Please sir, take the crown of thorns off, it does not go with your outfit.’

Bush's Commutation
More on the above subject just without my snarkey remarks.

Traveling the World
I have been following their travels through their blog. I would love to do something like this one day.

"I'm killing a vampire!"
I’m sane. Here is proof of the opposite that statement.

Kwik-E-Marts
“This is not a lending library.”

Soul Search
More of me reading things I do not fully understand which is always fun and challenging.

beer
Beer is always what is needed at the end of something.

Spent the 4th of July sleeping in and snuggled up to the lady I love. Then we went out for some running around. Went to the beach to spot some fireworks going off and then back home for her to dye her hair and for me to bleach mine. That's how we celebrated the 4th of July. Right now I'm just geeking out because the third season of Doctor Who starts here in the states tomorrow night. Mar said she would record it for me to keep me from crying geek tears because I have to work Friday night. I can't wait. For the most part I have stayed away from spoiling the episodes by internet surfing for them.

Remember, Not knowing who you are is no excuse for not being who you are,
C.
Share/Save/Bookmark

3 comments:

Marlena said...

None of those films are in the library unfortunately. I haven't seen any of them either.

I've seen the widow thing before. What's scary is that Indian culture used to have a ceremonial "widow burning" practice where they would pretend to burn a woman or have her die with her husband to symbolize the end of that part of her life. Now a lot of communities do it for real. Also self emmolation (sp?) is on the rise too. Amnesty International has info on that stuff int he women's issues section.

Marlena said...

You know what, my mom will probably buy the Larry the Cable Guy beer. How sad.

Anonymous said...

I liked the Discover article. I didn't know that guy was still around.