Sunday, March 30, 2008

THE TITLE IS: NO I LIKE STRESS

I received a letter in the mail yesterday from the government and it seems they believe an employer canceling checks and flat out not paying an employee is not grounds for said employee to leave the job and be eligible for unemployment? Let me think on this? ? ? Canceling an employees pending check because they put in their notice? Not paying an employee for their last weeks work? Nope, sorry Mr. Uncle Sam, I love the boys too but I ant blowing you or any of your small or large corporate brown eye kissers. My lay down is over. My lay down from now on is I fight or you bury me six feet under.

If the shirt off my back I give to others out there in similar situations as mine is anything it will be that my written words from this day on which I speak, I write, though they maybe with bad spelling and grammar, they will be unleashed with open eyes. Open clear eyes.

I have been living a coma for a number of years. I awoke yesterday to see Robin Williams (no relation) performing stand up upon my chest….wait, my mistake, you see that wasn’t Popeye, that was my vague slim notion that our government cared for working people and that no matter what there was a system set up if you have clear stated issues, your issues would be addressed.

Dumb me for thinking.

I will have to learn to stop doing that.

I guess when you write something such as this the things people may wish to ask are, is this some sort of whistle blowing thing? Is it a case of sour grapes and some search for a level of justice? Revenge maybe?

This is about anger, pure and simple.

I have had many jobs in my 33 years of life and a few that did not end well, be it by layoff or leaving for something better. I have been a printers assistant, a sewer night watchmen, I owned my own business at one time, a supervisor, I have been a road crew worker, a fry cook, a dish washer, a shift manager, a stock clerk, a program planner, a writer, a administrative assistant, and many jobs I can not remember while writing this on three hours sleep, Redbull, stress all around, and Night Time PMs to keep the pain away.

I have in my pause left only one job in my life were I felt dirty inside for my time spent there and with a feeling that I had been attacked personally by the company for leaving and standing up to them. Every time I tried to put the experience behind me and turn the other cheek, so to speak, another arrow was fired at my life by a company that for some reason had plenty of time to go after an ex-employee like it was some sort of bad marriage separation.

And I usually get along with my ex’s. Ask any of them.

Oh, and I know some of the company people have been on my blog in the past; so, here is a short message: achem…Former Boss, you can kiss my ass, you can sue me, you are a shame on the name and before you get angry. Stop. Save it up Greg Brady until the book I’m writing comes out. I have been working on it in secret for a while, getting my facts together, outlining moments going back to when I was working there because I saw how fucked up the business practices were there. I’m not too bright but I’m no one gets a chance to stab me in the back without me getting a few punches in going down. I’m sure in this book there will be a lot of information I will be putting in there that will be of great interest to you.

Anger is a great inspiration.

And for some reason I think a publisher will like and a few people will be interested in a story that involves drunks, sexism, harsh treatment of employees, unpaid wages, doctoring of paperwork, backstabbing dickheads, cooperate greed, and even a little government dickery also towards the end. Wait…is that what I’m writing about? Hmmmm? Sounds about right to me.

Hey, I’m at the end of this blog and I did not mention any names. And hardly any cursing either. Though the first chapter of the book does start quite festively if I do say so myself.

Thanks again for the anger. It tastes like wine between my lips and each word is like the tip of my tongue touching each drop.

In loving memory,
Brian Clifton Williams
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: