Wednesday, July 2, 2008

THE TITLE IS: TOP WANTS

I haven't posted in a while because of a case of my uclers once again acting up and raising some noise. I thought it was food poisoning but it's just an old friend paying a visit. I'm also having hot flashes and memory lose, don't comment on that though, I don't need any of you going there. I have a lot of online and offline work to catch up on as well as way way way overdue apartment cleaning that needs to get done. I want Wave to come home from work one day to say, "Shit, who helped you clean?"

Someone asked by email and since I'm overjoyed someone actually reads this I will present here my Top Graphic Novel Want List. Anyone want to comment and leave theirs?
1-BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER:VOL.2,NO FUTURE FOR YOU
*I'm behind in these trades.
2-BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER:VOL.3,WOLVES AT THE GATE
*See what I mean?
3-DOCTOR WHO:AGENT PROVACATEUR
*my love The Doctor.
4-TERRY MOORE'S ECHO:VOL.1
*Really looking forward to this trade.
5-52:VOLUME FOUR
*I read this at B&N and I have all of the other volumes but have not purchased this one yet.
6-COUNTDOWN:VOL.1
*Bad hype from fans is still bad hype. I will decide for myself.
7-ARCHER&ARMSTRONG:FIRST IMPRESSIONS,
8-X-O MANOWAR:BIRTH,
9-HARBINGER:THE BEGINNING
*I have a complete run of all of the original Valiant titles and I want these new hardbacks for my collection.
10-WORLD WAR HULK
*Hulk smash, Hulk kick Iron Man's ass. Plus, the art looked cool from what I've seen.
So there you go Sean and thank you for sharing your list with me.

I also received a few emails asking why I don't write more about social issues here like I once did and the answer comes down to I use to get so worked up talking and thinking and linking and writing about so much stuff that I never got any writing or other productive work done online. I'm am a writer and I do actually have to write to get better at it. It's not that I no longer care nor that I think my writing is more important than some of the struggles we are facing in the world we live in, more actually that I'm not the best person to be commenting on some of these issues that anger me with my hack talents and besides a rant here and there I try to use these entries as more of a positive release.

C.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: