Wednesday, July 9, 2008

THE TITLE IS: WRITER WHINNING WOBBLE

I need artists to do character sketches, covers, and interior artwork for some projects I have in the works. The problem is at the moment I do not have the money to hire anyone and before anyone asks no, I don't want anything done for free. I don't work that way, I appreciate when people offer but I know the work that goes into a peice of art and I would feel awful not paying for it. This though is one of the few times when I say I wish I was a writer of "name" value and thus I could trade a comic script to an artist, a film script, a short story, or a book in exchange for artwork finished. Artists can do deals for things that writers can not do unless they are a writer of "name" value and I hate doing the "quotes" thing but that's how it was translated in my head. I have a friend who is a tattoo artist who does this all the time. Another friend who paints and she is always trading art for things. Anyone want an original poem or short story written for a loved one's birthday or holiday gift? I'm ranting because I haven't had a soda yet today but I mean what I ranted about. It was a process, thinking rant, now I'm off to do dishes.
C.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: