Tuesday, March 8, 2011

REVIEW: STAR WARS ADVENTURES THE WILL OF DARTH VADER


SCRIPT: Tom Taylor
PENCILS: Brian Koschak
INKS: Dan Parsons
COLORS: Michael Wiggam
LETTERING: Michael Heisler
COVER ART: Sean Mcnally

DARK HORSE BOOKS

When I started this book which I got on loan from the library I thought the humor and characterization would keep me from enjoying it. I didn't know if I would like the art style either because animated type styles are kind of hit and miss for me.

That didn't happen here and I so love it when you go in thinking I might not enjoy this book but it really surprises you and leaves you happy you picked it up.

I enjoyed the art by Brian Koschak and overall the story really keep me within the Star Wars universe while also adding to it; which is what tie-in stories are suppose to do isn't it?

The story moves along very quickly which suits the younger audience it is directed at but it also has plenty for older readers. Long time Star Wars fans should enjoy this but you can also come into it with only a brief knowledge of the universe and still enjoy it.

A great read by the pool or while out to dinner. Good for a trip in the car with the kids, for the kids, or the co-pilot. Don't read while driving.

3 out of 5 Stars

Review by Brian C. Williams
(c)2011

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: