Monday, March 14, 2011

REVIEW: WONDER WOMAN - ENDS OF THE EARTH






WRITER: Gail Simone
ARTISTS: Aaron Lopresti, Matt Ryan; and Bernard Chang
COLORISTS: Brad Anderson and Kanila Tripp
LETTERS: Travis Lanham and Steve Wands

PUBLISHED BY DC COMICS


A really good action adventure collection of stories which crosses the human world and the worlds Wonder Woman inhabits in a combination of much enjoyment. Gail Simone is great at doing this and a core skill in telling a good superhero story in my opinion is this skill.

No matter if she's writing Wonder Woman, The Secret Six, or Birds Of Prey its so refreshing to have a writer who can blend all the facets of a comic book universe together with humor and raw energy. She can handle humor, horror, romance, and fuck it to the wall action. God when she decides to turn up any level within one of her stories it sure gets your attention.

Even with the great action my stand out favorite moments in this book are with the Gorilla Knights in the Wonder Woman The Movie story. Loved the main story because it got me thinking about George Perez's run on Wonder Woman. I think I shall pull Gods And Mortals off my DC bookcase. And that leads me to how much I love Gail Simone's run on this character. It sits right there nicely with the Perez run. 

3 OUT OF 5 STARS

(C)REVIEW BY BRIAN C. WILLIAMS
SYSTEM*PRODUCTIONS

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: