Tuesday, June 14, 2011

REVIEW: Doctor Who - issue #15


DOCTOR WHO
IDW
FINAL SACRIFICE PART 3 OF 4

Written by Tony Lee
Art by Matthew Dow Smith
Colors by Charlie Kirchoff
Letters by Neil Uyetake
Edits by Denton J. Tipton
Cover by Paul Grist; Phil Elliott

It's been a while reviewed any single issues of the Doctor Who comics but since I was reminded tonight about this and the fact that writers will do anything to keep from doing the work they are suppose to be doing, in my case tonight editing a short story, I'm writing this review. Maybe I can catch up on the books before the next issue comes out and then start doing them as they come out? Hey, I finally started reviewing series episodes this year so you never know.

I haven't even read any of the Matt Smith Doctor Who or Torchwood comics so I'm a bit behind. But lets get on with this issue's review. I'll try to do a couple a day, one in the AM and one in the PM until I catch up.

I haven't been the biggest fan of the Final Sacrifice story up to this point but this issue is when the story kicks into high gear and levels up to a cliffhanger worthy of the TV series. This issue in a way has a old school classic Doctor Who series feel to it with the two warring groups, an Earth colony, and a tie that unites them at the last second but were that would be the point in the old series when the story ends here it just cliffhangs into a death, a planet wide crisis, and a dark decision for both the Doctor and one of his traveling companions.

Coming next issue. The last IDW issue for the 10th Doctor.

4 OUT OF 5 STARS

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: