Saturday, September 15, 2012

To The Beach With Wintergirls And Someone Named Alaska



"Dad, please don't go to the beach. The beach isn't our thing. It's one big litter box. Who plays in a litter box?  Well, besides Salem. We- you and me are couch people. Sitting and watching Doctor Who is our thing. Plus I never have anyone to sit on when you go places."

This is the man Mar goes out into public with.

On the way to the beach we stopped off at the library and I let Mar pick out two books for me to start at the beach.

Beautiful view from Barrier Island Center. If you have never been there you need to go. It's a great place to enter the beach from. Visit there for a picnic on their balcony.

They've added some whale skulls. Fucking whale skulls people.

Mar went directly to the water while I read the first few pages from each of the books to choose which one I wanted to fully dive into.

The winner was Wintergirls by Laurie Halse Anderson.

A little bird came by to remind me I still have a deadline this weekend.

The beach won and Mar fell into her chair after a lot of play.

While I was fully into my book.

We left the beach and went home to clean the apartment and ourselves because one of Mar's friends was coming over to watch Hunger Games over pizza.
I'd pay for the pizza all through the night.

All photos copyright (c)Brian C. Williams/System*Productions











Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: