Tuesday, September 18, 2007

THE TITLE IS: “Kings don’t hurt babies, Giant swords hurt babies.”

We hit a couple of libraries for visits yesterday and I picked up a few books from their dollar bins. The first two books I picked up were by writers I had been meaning to check out for a while. One was Nightseer by Laurell K. Hamilton. I have almost bought one of her Anita Black books a number of times but Nightseer was a her debut novel and it was in mint condition so it was worth the dollar. The second book I picked up on this trip was The First Counsel by Brad Meltzer. At the second library of the day I picked up Star Trek, Deep Space Nine: The Siege by Peter David who is one of my favorite writers and The Blind Assassin by Margaret Atwood. Another favorite writer of mine

Today I sleep late and felt like shit with a migraine as Mar tried to make me feel better. Gotta love that lady. And not just because she puts up with my inability to follow directions from the living room into the bathroom without help.

My head has been really killing me of late. Mostly due to my bad tooth. Good news in the writing front as I added two good chapters to the dark adult book I’m working on and also decided to combine a couple of writing PDF collections I put out a couple of years ago which contained a lot of terrible editing by myself. I will be restructuring the stories into something different focusing on a better way to tell the original ideas I had for the stories in the first place. This time though I will get a better editor for them so people will actually be able to understand the crap they are reading. Both of these book may be released as PDF books. Depends all on how the turn out in the end. Still working on the second draft of Stereo but my mind just is not in the proper place for that story at the moment so work there is moving slowly.

Need to send some good thoughts out to Touch and Robin Bird who have been having a hard time of it of late.

Oh, and from now on I will be answering all comments in the comments area. I know that’s the way every one else does it but for a long time I tried to answer within entries but the other way is better, I admit it.

Remember not knowing who you are is no excuse for not being who you are,
C.

As always if you have any comments you wish to make by e-mail you can contact me by:
hangofwednesday@gmail.com
If you wish for me to keep your name and information private please let me know so in the e-mail.

©SYSTEM*PRODUCTIONS
Brian C. Williams
Share/Save/Bookmark

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Libraries are good places to hide in. Places of quiet are good thinking places.

Anyhoos...thanks for the good thoughts. I need them more than you could ever know right now. Everything is blowing up in my face lately. Sage and I are fighting in sorts...all i've wanted to do today was cry and vomit. Not that I've done either but the feeling is there.

I think I'm gonna call a counselor. It seems my problems are beyond me right now.

Like you, I have a migraine today. It feels like someone drove a spike thru my forehead. But this one was self-induced by stress and I have no one to blame but myself for fucking everything I touch up.

My life totally sucks eggs right now. I don't know how to fix it anymore. I've never felt more lost or alone.

Sorry to spew all over your blog! Please give Wave a huge hug from me. In this world of hell, I'm glad the two of you found each other. It gives the rest of us some glimmer of hope for the future.

Anonymous said...

Oh my (nonexistent) god! Isn't Tuesday the day I called you crying and kept you on the phone for an HOUR? And you had a MIGRAINE? I am so sorry.

On a different note, here's a scene from a play called "Tim and Brian's Love Story":

BRIAN (in a high, squeaky voice): Tim, I'm scared! My head hurts and I can't find the bathroom!

TIM (in a manly, creepy stalker voice): It's okay, Brian. I don't know where the bathroom is either, but just hold on to my chin pubes and everything will be okay.

Anonymous said...

P.S. I saw "The Blind Assassin" on your bookshelf Wednesday night. I've read it and I thought it was excellent.