Sunday, May 4, 2008

THE TITLE IS: FREE COMIC BOOK DAY 08

We went to see Iron Man yesterday; which I really ejoyed. The movie had a lot more humor to it than I was expecting. And yes the after credits part was really cool also. We went with Wave's sisters Trill and M-Low. After the movie we went to the Ben & Jerry's that's right beside the movie theater. I had the ONE Cheesecake Brownie which is Cheesecake Ice Cream with Cheesecake Brownie Chunks. Yea, that's going to help my failing health. I got a white ONE braclet for purchasing it...though Wave snagged it right away. After ice cream we headed out for the local comic shop and FREE COMIC BOOK DAY!

My local comic book shop is Famous Faces And Funnies. That link will take you to their MySpace site. They can also be found here. At one time, when I had money, before I had a girlfriend and a life I put a lot of money each month into that store like a true lonely geek book. We just made a quick stop in yesterday though because I do not really like crowds in tight spaces and any crowd in a store, even a good size store bothers me a little, especially when filled with brats with parents who think parenting is yelling across the store to behave. I picked up from the free table BONGO COMICS FREE-FOR-ALL, DAN DARE, HELLBOY, TINY TITANS, AVENGERS INVADERS SKETCHBOOK, X-MEN, and also DC UNIVERSE 0 which they were giving away free. I like my local comic book store because they also work with local libraries.

I won a copy of theSpiderwoman: Origin hardback after just walking into the door and putting my ticket into the bucket. Wave picked up a Simpson's puzzle that she has been eyeballing for a while and below are pictures of it and her working on it after clearing off the livingroom table.

I love the episode this comes from.

Wave perched on the table thinking.

C.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: