Wednesday, May 7, 2008

THE TITLE IS: I CALL BULLSHIT!

Worked about 800 words into a story last night. Not a great night of writing but productive anyways. I need to put in a lot more writing hours in the next few days to meet two deadlines I have for myself at the end of the month.

You know how every paper has letters to the editor and quite a few of those letters end up being written by illinformed people and with the internet you get that even more so? I have a new rule for my own sanity. No looking at the letters to the editor. As my dad use to say, "It's hard to agrue with an idiot but it's not hard for an idiot to agrue with you."

On a happier note I have to say you can really meet some really nice people online. Just wanted to say that because in my life the internet has introduced me to life long friends, great online friends, creative people I have enjoyed working with, and once even a girlfriend, though not Wave, I meet her at a feminist meeting. We feel in lust talking about The Doors, Douglas Adams, and Harry Potter.

Newsarama Commenter: "Stop Putting Spanish in My DC Comics!" I love the fact that they have a Spanish issue of Blue Beetle and this is from someone who barly speaks English and only speaks a sort of Hillbilly geek. I have always hated when you have a character in a comic, movie, tv show, or book who is bi-lingual but you hardly ever have him speak anything but English except when using profanity? I say good to DC for doing this. Maybe it is one step ahead to better things. Oh, and as I said earlier to not reading letters to the editor. I have stopped also reading comments on Newsarama becasue all it did was make me want to bang my head against the keyboard and Wave would kick my ass if I busted her laptop.

Here, clear your mind of bullshit.


I'm going to go have lunch with the lady I love. Yep, I'm that sappy and I don't care. I say "lady I love" it's sad if you can't say things like that. And no I did not spell check anything, I have someone to hug at the door.
C.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: