Thursday, May 3, 2007

AND THE TITLE IS: THE BILLIE RANT SHOW FOR THE WEEK OF 5/1/07

Work…busy….tired……need nap….need beer…….need hug…………...need…………………

From Work Whining To Responses To Comments Left:

Thanks to Mar and P who have left comments of late. And thanks also to all who visit. Work has been Hell of late but see above for that. I have not been a good blogger or writer with all the stress of everything else in my life.

Geek Speak:

I have been reading about the big Marvel event Civil War the whole time it was coming out in monthly installments and yesterday I picked up the first two trades. I have to say I really like what they are doing here. I think if a lot of the negative people who are negative no matter what the publishers and creators do would just chill and look around they would find that Marvel, DC, and many other publishers are doing some interesting and creative work. I think in today’s comic market you can find something no matter what your tastes are. Oh, and I think the characterizations of Iron Man and Captain America where spot on no matter what the internet critics say. Tony Stark is an ass and always has been and Captain America is a man of action and sometimes you may be really strong in your beliefs and your beliefs maybe even correct but not based in reality.

And though I only buy trades and not monthly comics, that only has turned into an butBuffy. The new Buffy comic which is in canon and continues after the last season has me hooked. I picked up the 2nd issue and could not even wait to read it when I got home. I read it at work during a break. Already loving this series beyond words and the writers Joss Whedon has lined up for it I think will keep me buying until it ends. Dam you Joss Whedon, pulled me back into the monthly fold.

I put in links to Amazon for information but always remember to support local comic shops and bookstores. Even if they are big chain stores those are your neighbors and loved ones who work there.

Here is the full trailer for Fantastic Four: The Rise Of The Silver Surfer. Since I actually enjoyed the first movie while most did not it seems this one looks a hundred times better and has me pumped. I’ve always liked The FF more than Spidey so even though I enjoy the Spiderman movies and will see the new one, I’m more excited about this movie and the Iron Man film in development. Speaking of which. With the cast they have for this I think it will be a good movie.

Oh, and since last I blogged more than a few sentences they announced Season Three of Doctor Who would be on Sci-Fi Channel starting in July. Though, I wish they would do more promotion and stuff with the series and happy it is back on Sci-Fi. I think it would be a bigger hit in the US if they did a little more for it but that’s America for you. Promote shit as long as it was made here but something from any other country barley gets a mention outside a few commercials.

Back To Reality:

The short story has grown just a tad bit so I’m giving it a little extra attention for the 1st Draft. I really like how it is turning out. In a much more positive mood about me writing right now so lets now let that slip is what I keep saying to myself.

The book will re-enter my life this weekend.
Welcome back friend.
Now lets kick some ass.

And In The News:

I found this the other day. I could spend hours here. I wanted to start the news section with something light because it does not continue that way.

Spears Comeback
Ok, people if I’m feeling a little bad for her everyone should lighten up on her. Who hasn’t went through this sort of shit and not flaked out a little. Move on. And let her move on. She will be making crappy music and selling products to all of you sheep in no time.

Someone tell me why this is the best site Sports Illustrated can give the WNBA? That my friends is complete bullshit.

Oklahoma Lawmakers OK Bill to Outlaw Aiding Undocumented Immigrants
Lawmakers in Oklahoma have sent the state's governor a bill that has been described as one of the most sweeping anti-immigrant laws in the country. The bill would make it a felony in Oklahoma for anyone to harbor or transport people they know to be undocumented immigrants. Violators of the law could be punished by up to a year in jail. Critics of the bill say it could result in the jailing of medical staff and religious workers who offer aid to undocumented immigrants.
Democracy NOW!
How come every day this country starts to look more and more like a lot of the sci-fi books I have read?

Babies Go Home
Yea, but most US children could not find their home town on a map, more less there way home. Fish are smart little buggers. Though mine isn’t on most maps. My home town that is. It’s right beside Big Stone Gap by the way if anyone is interested in the place. I never have been.

Book Removed
Found this link on Neil Gaiman’s blog. It amazes me how a country who claims to be so open and claims you have so much freedom within and claims to be about making a better life for people are so two faced when faced with something they just don’t agree with.

Satan On The Border
Also from Neil Gaiman’s blog and I just sit here shaking my head.

I give you a good night with a bow and toothless grin with this.

Written at the pay the rent job,
C.

As always if you have any comments you wish to make by e-mail you can contact me by:

hangofwednesday@gmail.com
If you wish for me to keep your name and information private please let me know so in the e-mail.

Share/Save/Bookmark