Wednesday, August 15, 2007

THE TITLE IS: NO SOAP FOR ME!

We stopped off for lunch before Mar took me to work today. For once she got the more expensive meal and I got something responsibly cheap. I was in the mood for a sandwich and ended up ordering a portabella melt with a side of smashed potatoes. I brought the leftovers to work and downed them really quick.

The pay the rent job is still driving me crazier each day I’m here but I’m trying to channel it into some creative projects to keep my sanity.

Let us close some windows before my computer goes blue screen on me,
This is an old interview with Terry Moore before- Strangers In Paradise ended but I found it an interesting read about the start of the series and other subject matter. I had never heard the whole getting kicked out of church story at all so that alone makes it worth the read if you are at all interested in the series.

Gingrich says war is phony
Well, you know, the way I see it this guy is one of those politicians who would say the sky had suddenly turned pink if he knew it may gain him favor. Usually with Republican I just see them as people with different views than my own and just simple as that, Though true republican beliefs are not that far from mine in some areas but with Mr.Gingrich, If you really read about him and study him as a political figure you will see why so man of my fellow Americans would rather vote for some actor who they know is in fact fake most of his days than some politician who acts like he is true to the voters who put him into office.

Bush did it a while ago
I love when I come across news stories and think to myself, “How did I miss this? Did this happen?” And then wish I had never heard it because it just pisses me off more and more. What gets me is not that one political party does this type of thing, No, it is that any party in this country could let acts like this pass and not see the slippery slope our country is heading down.

For all those people who have told me the last few years this was not coming. It is. Get ready but it will get really ugly when it does and I think when it does we are looking at civil unrest at the possible scale of a civil war in this country. The only thing that would keep that from happening is a massive attack on American soil. And if that happens I’m moving back on top that mountain where I was born.

Do you ever get the feeling that our enemies are sitting around just watching us destroy ourselves from within and saying something along the lines of, “Dude(because all terrorists like to call each other dude. Its true, I think I saw it on CNN) “Dude, we don’t have to do shit, they are destroying themselves.”

How come on my pissed off days nothing in the news catches my eyes except for political B.S.?

Oh, but I need to give a thanks for the recommendations to Katie. I have Mort on hold at the library as of tonight. Might help to take my mind off some other shit going down.

Remember not knowing who you are is no excuse for not being who you are,
C.
Share/Save/Bookmark

3 comments:

Marlena said...

wasn't it interesting how the server automatically thought i ordered the sandwich and you ordered the manly steak? i thought it was interesting.

Katie said...

hope you like Mort. I really like the Death character... and I have to tell you it just gets better from there.

and I can't look at the news... it all makes me angry.

Anonymous said...

Wow, look at Newtie go. How times have changed!

Yes, we are destroying ourselves, but we are taking quite a few others down with us.