Monday, February 25, 2008

THE TITLE IS: MARKED OFF

We paid a visit to the library yesterday to drop off some things before heading for some party supplies, some beer, chips, nuts, and other junk. Ran into Touch while there. I was standing looking at the new arrival shelf when I turned and she was right beside me. We had spotted her car outside but I did not see her when I first came in. If you read this P. sorry we did not chat more but we were in a hurry and had to get a lot of stuff done because a friend we had not seen in a long time was coming over.

After the library visit we stopped off at Sonic for burgers and corndogs. I love me's some corndogs this Billy sure does. Then we were off to the food market before heading home to clean up the place a little before Piper came over. The night was a good one sitting around, drinking, listening to music, talking, and watching movies. Cool simple stuff with a friend.

This morning I wokeup early because of a stomach upset that lasted all through the night. After I whipped up some coffee, soda, and toast for breakfeast Wave moved onto the computer to tackle some homework while I started my morning reading Doom Patrol: The Painting That Ate Paris which leaves me with very little of Grant Morrison's DC early work that I have not read. I need to see if one of the libraries has Doom Patrol: Crawling From The Wreckage, The Filth, and Mystery Play. I'm waiting for his new Batman stuff to start arriving at the local library. From interviews with him it seems like his approach is very interesting.

And speaking of Batman. I picked up a double feature DVD of Batman: SubZero/Mask of the Phantasm for only 9dollars at Target. I'm on a linking roll today...sorry... Wave is helping me become a better bargain shopper and less of an impulse buyer. Finding a deal like that is pretty sweet, especially considering that Batman The Animated Series is one of my favorite animated series. I am a huge fan of the DC Comics shared animated universe that consisted of Batman The Animated Series, Superman The Animated Series, Justice League, Justice League Unlimited, Batman Beyond, and Static Shock. If you love DC's books and wish to introduce someone to the characters I say first show them these shows.

Well, I think I may have geek speaked everyone into sickness so I'll leave for now.
C.

(c)brian c. williams
SYSTEM*PRODUCTIONS
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: