Friday, February 1, 2008

THE TITLE IS: TIGERS IN AN HOURGLASS

Last night I finished reading Byzantium! by Keith Topping. I enjoyed the book. A good dropping off of the Tardis crew into the middle of history. Some might say this story could have worked as a short story with a lot of cutting but I really enjoyed the slow process of getting to know the characters and I do not mean slow in a negative way. Maybe the story could have been cut down but it moved along smoothly and I enjoyed it greatly. Topping did his research and it showed and was enjoyed by this reader.

Now in my Doctor Who reading I'm moving onto The Eleventh Tiger by David A. Mcintee. Reading these 1st Doctor novels makes me as a writer see how hard it is to capture that time period of Doctor Who history.

I'm also started reading Interworld by Neil Gaiman and Michael Reaves today. Wave plans to read this also so it will be one of the few times we both are reading something. Her tastes tend to lean towards non-fiction while unless I'm doing research I hardly ever read non-ficiton. She's the nerd and I'm the geek.

That covers my reading life as of this blog entry. I need to do a saved links clearing entry later if I get some work done first. See you in the Pathon papers,
C.

(c)brian c. williams
SYSTEM*PRODUCTIONS
Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

Marlena said...

You know, with trying to keep up with all the YA books I haven't read as much non-fiction. I think the last one I read was that Sisterhood, Interrupted. I'll read the Neil Gaiman book when you're done.