Thursday, February 21, 2008

THE TITLE IS: Old News Still Pisses Me Off

Bush Urges Approval of New Spying Bill & Telecom Immunity
Bush also urged lawmakers to approve a new surveillance bill that would grant immunity to telecom companies that aided warrantless spying on U.S. citizens.
President Bush: “This means that if you do not act by Friday, our ability to track terrorist threats would be weakened and our citizens will be in greater danger. The Congress must ensure the flow of vital intelligence is not disrupted. The Congress must pass liability protection for companies believed to have assisted in the efforts to defend America. We have had ample time for debate. The time to act is now.”


I know this is old news but me being pissed off is not. I found the link saved for some reason in my bookmarks. My mind was telling me to scream and I got sidetracked I do think.
To give immunity to large corperations who are probably doing everything the goverment wants them to anyways is just bullshit. And yes bullshit is my articulate stance. This anal probe into the freedoms we enjoy like Mr. Bush's signing statements are not only a cowardice way of covering their own backs from the fists of the people they say they serve, it is actually also them saying we know what we are doing is illegal and maybe even immoral but let me cover my ass in case there is still a justice system around in a few years.

Billie is in a raged mood right now. More rage may follow this.
C.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: