Monday, April 7, 2008

MY OPINION ON father ted the complete series 2

Came back from visits to the library yesterday and today with arms full of good stuff I now have a weeks worth of DVD viewing and graphic novel reading ahead of me. I will be discussing the materials I checked out in little opinion bits of writing over the next week or so here in the blog.

Excuses are laid here if there is a bigger mess to the maddness below than normal because four Nighttime PMs will do that to you. My teeth are just killing me and that seems to be the only thing OTC that helps.

While at the library I was looking for a bunch of DVDs to fill in the noises I need to get through life while writing or just rambling through the daily DIY life that I have made for myself. It was slim pickings yesterday and I almost came home with the first season of Lost but instead of giving in to overrated middle line quality I decided to give Father Ted: The Complete Series 2 a chance and grabbed it off the shelf.

As I stated before when I talked about Series One, I know this is a very popular and award winning series but I just do not get all of the humor and it is not a culture thing because I love a truck load of British shows, especially comdies. I see quality writing in the series but the overall package just does not work for me personally. Besides the enteractions between Father Ted and Dougal, which are spot on, the rest of the characters and their stories seem to just blend together from episode to episode and run on and on after just a few appearances.

Over all I will say Father Ted Series Two was worth checking out for the distraction factor but that is just about it. Now you may ask if I would give Series Three a try? Yea, why not?
C.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: