Thursday, August 5, 2010

WONDER WOMAN: DOWN TO EARTH

Greg Rucka WRITER
Drew Johnson PENCILLER
Ray Snyder INKER
Richard & Tanya Horie; Trish Mulrihill COLORISTS
Todd Klein LETTER

CREATED BY
William Moulton Marston

PUBLISHED BY DC Comics

After picking up a number of Wonder Woman trades at one of our local libraries I found myself in a time of Wonder Woman reading starting with Down To Earth.

The first issue of this collection would make a great pre-credits seaquance for a movie and if we were talking about how to approach Wonder Woman movie in a movie as a whole Greg Rucka's run on the character wouldn't be that bad of a direction to go. I would have loved to have seen Joss Whedon do that movie but I guess we will have to live with him doing Avengers. I love Mr. Whedon's work but Avengers?

This collection has everything a blockbuster movie would need. It contains an underlined theme with Ares and the protesters going for sequals and has a big fight scene at the end. I recommend this trade and Rucka's Wonder Woman books as a whole. 3 out of 5 stars. I know, I don't always do stars for my reviews but most of the time my reviews don't really resemble a "review" that often either.

REVIEW WRITTEN BY BRIAN C. WILLIAMS

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: