Thursday, August 12, 2010

YOUNG X-MEN: BOOKS OF REVELATIONS


WRITER
Marc Guggenheim

PENCILS BY
Ben Oliver; Rafa Sandoval

INKS BY
Ben Oliver; Roger Bonet
WITH Greg Adams

COLORS BY
Jose Villanubia, Ulises Arreola; Daniel Acuna

LETTERS BY
Dave Sharpe

This was my first introduction to the Young X-Men characters as I haven't keep up with the X-Books in years. I went into reading this thinking it was just another New Mutants rippoff. When I was in highschool and most of college I bought everything with an X on it. Around that time I was also buying all of the original Valiant books. Good thing I couldn't buy a date because I didn't have a dime after spending on my comics habits.

Reading this collection reminded me of the Teen Titans more than the New Mutants or Generation X but that isn't that bad of a creative approach or feeling to get as a reader. I always like Dani Moonstar and add in newer characters..at least new to me... like Dust, Andle, Cipher; and Ink among others and I was suprised how much I liked these stories. I was not expecting anything but found a nice late night read from the library.

REVIEW WRITTEN BY BRIAN C. WILLIAMS

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: