Thursday, January 10, 2008

THE TITLE IS: Direct To My Brian

From the library yesterday came the SUPERMAN/DOOMSDAY direct to DVD animated movie. I enjoyed the movie and thought in their first one out in the direct to DVD animated movie race DC hit a better mark than Marvel did with any of theirs so far. The big thing going in for both companies was to be able to be a little more adult and for some reason Movie did not really do that even though they were clearly, at least at a point basing their stuff off their Ultimates line of books which tend to be more adult. SUPERMAN/DOOMSDAY is not...is not THE DEATH OF SUPERMAN comics. Don't go into it expecting that great story and you will enjoy the story they created. Oh, and I love the Lex in this story. More how I see him. Not since he made the city rain supermen in 52 have I enjoyed a Lex moment like I did with one that takes place within this animated movie.

Look up in the sky...wait, I'm in doors. Forget it. What the fuck is that then?
C.

(c)brian c. williams
SYSTEM*PRODUCTIONS
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: