Monday, January 21, 2008

THE TITLE IS: LOST IN BEING LOST

After we did the food shopping thing we humans sometimes must do and I did some laundry things that only I could possiable screw up and most humans never do I finished reading Doctor Who: The Time Travellers by Simon Guerrier. I enjoyed the book but it seemed to have some of the problems of the earlier Doctor Who stories in that it had a lot of padding going on. I thought The Doctor himself was hardly used almost as if the writer was having problems getting the character down which isn't surprising because I think most either write The 1st Doctor as a parody of his television appearances or gloss over him were he is just a vague Doctor character. Overall The Time Travellers fit mostly as something to further the relationship of Barbara and Ian and set up Susan's departure in The Dalek Invasion Of Earth which I just finished watching also. I'm going to read through all my Doctor Who collection and view the stories I have on DVD in canon order. The current book I am on is on the right in my reading list.

C.

(c)brian c. williams
SYSTEM*PRODUCTIONS
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: