Saturday, January 26, 2008

THE TITLE IS: Marcey's Gone

Woke up today coughing my head off which is always a joy for someone who does not breathe that well to begin with. Yesterday Wave went with me to the doctor and I got more anti-stuff for my teeth and some pain killers. The pain killers sort of drive me nuts at night because in a weird way, though they relax me greatly, they also seem to heighten my senses of everything around me and keep me from sleeping very much with every little noise startlings me awake. I hope this side effect calms down or I will not be able to take these anytime before I head to bed and I keep Wave awake also by my flopping around.

Last night I read Mary Jane: Circle Of Friends by Sean Mckeever and Takeshi Miyazawa. The best Spiderman today is Ultimate Spiderman and this series. I don't bother reading the regular Marvel Universe Spiderman books anymore. Too many people just fucking around doing things for personal instead of story reasons. Just my opinion though. Oh, and remember just because I use Amazon links, you should check out local comic shops and book stores first before heading out of your area shopping. And a second "Oh" also visit the library, libraries are stocking more and more graphic novels. Give the boths of those boths lots of visits.

And last night I read Civil War: Marvel Universe. Like a lot of the Civil War materials from this Marvel Universe crossover this fell flat. Marvel always likes to push that their books are based more in reality when compared to DC Comics but I think they never take it the creative step further to do what needs to be done. True based in reality comics are boring but when you say that is your approach and you flee things like divorce and darkness then you are just fucking around with what you spu from you mouths.
Civil War was enjoyable in spots and had a lot of chances to be something remembered for years to come but right now I just see it settling itself somewhere near the original Secret Wars.
Though my favorite Marvel Crossovers that I've read are Acts Of Vengeance, Infinity Gauntlet, and X-Men: Mutant Massacre. But those are just my picks.

Have a nice day everyone. Enjoy your drugs, your drinks, your loves, you lives.
C.

(c)brian c. williams
SYSTEM*PRODUCTIONS
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: