Thursday, June 28, 2012

Where I talk about my book The Past Forward, moving comic book stores, Ryan Reynolds, and a t-shirt issue.



     What shall I talk about today? .....


I think I'll just promote a past project. The Past Forward is my second book. Check it out, its free.


In this book for the most part you will find people saying things like: “I’m old enough to make my own underwear choices.” And “Can I kick your ass and it be ok if the ERA passes? I’m a supporter if you say yes.” And probably way too many pop culture references. Anything else on the high or low brow measure is highly due to delusions of grandeur on the part of the writer. 

$FREE YA ebook that is a jumping on point for my Tin Universe short story series. If interested in reading more of this universe you can start with Tin Universe #7. #7 is also free by the way and issues after that are only $0.99usd per download.



LINKS TO CHECK OUT:
     Our local comic shop Famous Faces And Funnies is teaming up with a local game store that was closing and moving locations to a even bigger space. I'm very happy for them as its a great store and hope this brings even bigger success to all involved.
     I'm all caught up on The Lizzie Bennet Diaries awaiting new episodes. I was  beginning to fall off from this series a bit but then it got me. Like I said before I love the acting in this series but now the story is moving.
     I didn't know the Guild Volume 2 TPB was out. I've been waiting for this collection that contains all of the one-shots. Might have to try and make a trip to the comic book shop this weekend. Time to dig the pennies out from Garfield's fur.
     I'm a fan of the SModimations and glade to see Kevin Smith is now branching out into a YouTube channel that includes more cartoons. SModCo Cartoon Show #1: "Schindler's Toybox" and doing Smorning Show And Tell #1: Hockey Stick and Jen Painting. I know some people have a problem with him but he and his team are building something. What are you building?
     People have been telling me about Legend Of Neil for a long time. I think I watched the first episode once because it shows up in my labels? Pretty fucked up opening. I like. Here's Episode 1 and Episode 2 in case you  might be interested in checking it out. Future episodes have Felicia Day I'm told so I'm going to be watching more.
     If you are local to me check out the next roller derby match up: Molly Rogers Vs. ACR Hunnies I haven't been in so long because every time they have a home match it when one of us has plans we can't change.
     Ryan Reynolds must be the biggest geek in Hollywood looking at his film choices but if he is cast in Highlander that would be worse than his casting in Green Lantern; which was pretty bad. I like Ryan Reynolds. He would  have made a good Flash and I really think he could pull off Deadpool but Green Lantern and Highlander is miscasting. I have so much respect for the people that cast films. They are one of the biggest unsung people behind films but these are mistakes.


     57 {in comment, for one person}


RANTS AND SCREAMS:
     When I was doing laundry between rain falls yesterday in the complex laundry room a pregant lady keep staring at me. Just standing there. Without blinking. Staring. I asked her what? thinking did I know her or something? Then she told me she didn't like my shirt. I looked down, not even knowing what I was wearing, and it was my SAVE ROE! shirt. I told her, "Don't worry, no one wants to go after your parasite." She stomped off cursing me. That's like the fourth encounter I've had with someone here because of a shirt I was wearing. People really need to get over the fact that not everyone believes you way you do.
     I love it when Texas comes back to show Florida how being a racist dickish state is done. When a state is against critical thinking you know they are swimming in stupid. Texas GOP Platform Calls For Repealing Voting Rights Act Of 1965 and The 5 Craziest Policies In Texas Republicans’ 2012 Platform
     It's a white washing of the rape culture that does and always has existed within popular culture. This type of thing really pisses me off. And you want to know one of the reasons why, because some writers and artists just don't understand that they are pushing harmful stereotypes of women until they are educated to it and you can't be educated without information. Also another example of why Google's "Don't do evil" motto is about a accurate as a U.S. politican saying "I'm a honest man." TV Tropes Deletes Every Rape Trope; Geek Feminism Wiki steps in
     I would rant about this story talking about the new mini college football playoffs but its too early to get into even a rant about some a dip pile of corruption and bullshit. Maybe later I'll ad to this.
     God. Do I have the energy today to discuss this? Dollars and Dentists: PBS Frontline investigates America's dental health crisis - Boing Boing


Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: