Friday, February 7, 2014

Brian Leakage from Rescue Rangers to TV Flashbacks



     On Fridays I recap the Brain Leakage from my past week of social media puking. If I repeat myself here sometimes it's because I might start a thought on Twitter but then want to expand it more on Facebook or Tumblr. Remember doing this is one part recap for those who don't follow me on my other sites but second and the main part and reason for doing it is as an archive of things.

     Twitter:
Trying to make homemade white gravy for breakfast. Fingers crossed.
I know making homemade white gravy is more $ but I wanted to try. Doesn't look good so far :(
The homemade white gravy turned out good but not as good as the instant packets.
After a big breakfast watching Adventure Time and reading with rain coming down hard outside.
My book is Doctor Who: 11 Doctors 11 Stories and Mar is reading The Port Chicago 50
What? What? So is Lex Luther going to be all sandels and Zuckerberg douchey?
If Eisenberg is Lex they must be going for a young evil tech guy thing, which could work.
I love the idea of Irons as Afred.
The DC movie people are feeling a pressure to be bold to catch up to Marvels momentum. That could pay off huge or crash big.
I cant wait to see if it works.
Though I want Jonah Hill to be Otis
Mar"Man, Outkast gotta come on when I'm leaving!" She likes Outkast and singing Roses as she goes out the door.
No blog update yesterday because of computer problems. Same today, in the shop. Maybe late tonight, no way I can do one on the Nook.
Bad computer days are what notebooks are made for. ... Not really, but no time not to write. Not enough time left.
Saying creators need to move on when at the same time we are spending hours talking about what they say that we don't like is telling.
Maybe fans need to think things over because I think in the future more and more creators are going to start pulling back from interacting..
because lets face it. Fans reactions to things are starting to get crazy.
My view is creators don't owe fans anything and fans should see they don't own the work.
Creators can benefit for good treatment of fans but they don't owe you more work, good work, to sign your book, or anything.
And one last thing please stop with the destroyed and raped my childhood. It's insulting to people who have been raped.
"Fans made Harry Potter what it is" No, J.K. Rowling made H.P. what is is.
Fans read it. It's the wording about all this mess that pisses me off. She is sad, she should move on, this is ruining things for fans.
She's sad. A lot of people would think people sitting here talking about a writers process of writing and thinking about her book is sad.
Some people think a lot of fandom activities are sad but a writer talking about their work is sad. That's total bullshit.
I wish Rowling would release a lot of all the things she changed in the book. Troll the internet J.K.
The people complaining. If she released a book tomorrow with pages from other drafts most of the complainers would be TAKE MY MONEY!
Off the internet to clean but first.Thank you J.K. Rowlings for showing you are human.
If she actually did say those things. Thanks for showing us that just like very other writer things don't just fall on the page for you...
and that a story can still haunt you even when its finished.
No Sunday Night Movie Night tonight :) One of us has a bad throat.
So its a night of Shaun Of The Dead, Hot Fuzz, and Worlds End with beef stew instead.
Mar"I'm running late. I need a Time Tuner." Me"You'd drop it in the toilet like you did your phone." Mar*stare of death*
Every heated discussion should end with meme fun to calm things down.
If George Zimmerman and Kanye West fought there would be more douche floating in the air than a Yankees/Mets World Series.
Computer put away and now its time for laundry, dishes, and general cleaning. Background for all this is Last Of The Summer Wine.
4 out of 5 stars for Treasures From The First 50 Years- Doctor Who: The Vault
Just blew a friends mind by saying one of my favorite scifi universes is the G.I. Joe cartoons.
When I was a kid I pictured the full version of U.N.I.T. from Doctor Who being like G.I. Joe with tech weapons and vehicles and such.
So my day starts with a glass exploding in my hand while doing dishes. Either I'm tense today or that glass was weak?
Now I'm going to be stressed for a weak about getting it all cleaned out of the sink.
FYI, I'm all in one piece, just a couple small cuts.
Just cut 3000 good words from a story because it didn't fit the story. Wonder if that will ever get easy?
I liked ep 1 and 2 of Sherlock season 3 a lot more than ep 3. Maybe I was thinking something bigger?
watching the new Much Ado About Nothing
4 out of 5 stars for Avengers Arena: Boss Level. Hate to see this series go but happy they didn't stretch it out too long.
Whenever I want to research how racists and sexist assholes talked 50 years ago I read things politicians are saying right here, right now.
watching Monty Python And The Holy Grail. Next Life Of Brian. And last will be Time Bandits.
Yes I will sing the Every Sperm Is Sacred song from The Meaning Of Life when you wont take leave me the fuck alone as an answer.
watching The Adventures Of Baron Munchausen
Todays haul from my lcs @FFFComics last three Y The Last Man trades, some Doctor Who and Saga comics, and Ms. Marvel 1
Loved Ms. Marvel #1. But come on Marvel, the ads at the end take the reader out of the build to finish.
Anyways, stupid ad placement aside, check out Ms. Marvel #1. Good characters, story, and art.
I really dont buy singles but I try #1's to see if I might want to buy the trades. I'm sure I'll be buying Vol1 of Ms. Marvel
Wait! Groupon has Ben-Wa Balls!! Someone call Archer.
"Weird is all I got. That and my sweet style" The IT Crowd

     Facebook:
I Hope they get Tom Selleck and Harrison Ford to do the voices in the Chip & Dale: Rescue Rangers movie.

Saying creators need to move on when at the same time we are spending hours talking about what they say that we don't like is telling. Maybe fans need to think things over because I think in the future more and more creators are going to start pulling back from interacting because lets face it fans reactions to things are starting to get crazy. I went we came into a time when creators started to interact with fans but I think because of fans that will slow stop. I had a good discussion last night with both sides on the J.K. Rowlings interviews. My view is creators don't owe fans anything and fans should see they don't own the work. Creators can benefit for good treatment of fans but they don't owe you more work, good work, to sign your book, or anything including trying to watch what they say after a book is released. And one last thing please stop with the destroyed and raped my childhood. It's insulting to people who have been raped and really makes you look stupid. "Fans made Harry Potter what it is" was something sent to me on Twitter. No, J.K. Rowling made H.P. what is is. Fans read it. It's the wording about all this mess that pisses me off. She is sad, she should move on, this is ruining things for fans. Ok, she's sad. A lot of people would think people sitting here talking about a writers process of writing and thinking about her book is sad. Some people think a lot of fandom activities are sad but a writer talking about their work is somehow the sad thing? That's total bullshit. I wish Rowling would release a list of all the things she changed in the book. Troll the internet J.K. The people complaining might explode. And if she released a book tomorrow with pages from other drafts most of the complainers would be TAKE MY MONEY! So not only did the internet go batshit but it seems they maybe went backshit about something that wasn't even said by the writer but I still don't give a shit if she did.
Internet fandoms when butthurt
Misery is fandoms middle name

I've learned when you don't agree with them, Harry Potter fans can be one of the most hostile fandoms. So much love, so much hate. HEY, it's like the Bible but with better writing.

I love having discussions on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, emails, and all but there is always a fear that people will take things too personal because of the limits of the ways of communicating. I like talking about things, big things and small things, and people don't have to agree with me in any way but its so easy to misinterpret something as someone attacking your opinion. It's hard enough enough not to take things personal when talking with someone face to face but when face to face there are more cues to read to see what the true message being sent is. I think we all sometimes need to take a breath and remember differing opinions are that, differing. I think your wrong about J.K. Rowling, you think your right. I hate Walking Dead, you love Walking Dead. I think Doctor Who is the greatest thing creation has ever created...well, we'll leave that one. These other side opinions don't make us enemies. It's that type of thinking that pushes us down bad roads that are examples of why there is a dangerous breakdown of communication in our world when it comes to everything from politics to fan wank talk. Discord and variations of views is how we grow as individuals and groups. You take that away and its replaced with conversations ending only in anger and that's not growth, education falls away and the different and the different from you is always bad.

So my day starts with a glass exploding in my hand while doing dishes. Either I'm tense today or that glass was weak? Now I'm going to be stressed for a weak about getting it all cleaned up out of the sink. FYI, I'm all in one piece, just a couple small cuts.

I really didn't find anything wrong with what Moffat said? Looks more like we really want to pick his words apart to lash out at him. And the guys says enough stupid stuff you don't have to do that. And I hate that a site I love like The Mary Sue basically says if you disagree don't comment within the article. I think Moffat has gotten too wrapped up in his over over complex detailed creative writing skills to the point of people having to watch seasons of Doctor Who five times just to enjoy them a little but there is also this "Moffat" that very much reminds me of the "Obama" chants when people just want to criticize and not discuss with intelligence.

Reading through some entertainment sites during lunch writing break and came to a thought. Seems like no matter how small and independent in their thinking they all start to slowly become disguised attack sites posting masked fan reactions to stuff and not fully realized criticism and discussion.

I know everybody is doing the Facebook look back videos but mine showed nothing but pictures and posts about Mar or the cats because the only way I get likes or shares is if things aren't about me so sad sack me and my ego can't handle it. Also for your enjoyment...

My kingdom for mash potatoes and gravy from Hardees. I'll throw in the horse and the handmaids if a three piece chicken meal with biscuits and a large is included in the deal.

The question of whether we should raise the minimum wage is a complex issue. It's not a either or thing and as most issues you need to educate yourself about it. But when people say they don't believe in the minimum wage, what they are basically saying is they think it should be ok for businesses to pay people 50cents an hour. And if you think companies wont do that you sir are stupid. This is a my passive aggressive rant of the day.

     Tumblr:

Saying creators need to move on when at the same time we are spending hours talking about what they say that we don’t like is telling. Maybe fans need to think things over because I think in the future more and more creators are going to start pulling back from interacting because lets face it fans reactions to things are starting to get crazy. I think we came into a time when creators started to interact with fans but I think because of fans, nutshit fans, that will slowly stop.
I had a good discussion last night with both sides on the thoughts on the J.K. Rowlings interview. My view is creators don’t owe fans anything and fans should see they don’t own the work. Creators can benefit for a good relationship with fans but they don’t owe you more work, good work, to sign your book, or anything including trying to watch what they say after a book is released.
And one last thing please stop with the destroyed and raped my childhood. It’s insulting to people who have been raped and really makes you look stupid.
"Fans made Harry Potter what it is" was something sent to me on Twitter. No, J.K. Rowling made H.P. what is is. Fans read it.
See its the wording about all this mess that pisses me off. She is sad, she should move on, she being tacky, this is ruining things for fans. Ok, she’s sad? A lot of people would think people sitting here talking about a writers process of writing and thinking about her book and get so worked up are sad. Some people think a lot of fandom activities are sad but a writer talking about their work is somehow the sad thing? That’s total bullshit. I wish Rowling would release a list of all the things she changed in the books.
Troll the internet J.K.
The people complaining might explode if this was to happen. And if she released a book tomorrow with pages from other drafts most of the complainers would be TAKE MY MONEY!
And also thank you J.K. Rowlings for showing you are human. That just like very other writer things don’t just fall on the page and that a story can still haunt you even when its finished.


It’s called discussion, not dragon ball attack mode 741



     other things of possible interest,

     The monthly free Tin Universe story series returns with scenes of insanity, reality, and a mention in there somewhere about some gross gravy. Tin Universe monthly is a short story, vignette, flash fiction series that explores and uncovers the wider Tin Universe leading up to and between books.

     A new issue of Tin Universe Monthly is uploaded and ready to read for free on the 22nd of every month throughout 2014.

     Someone is zombifying athletes at Clear Cut High School in Utah. Lucky the school has its own young superhero in the person of Mildred Betbeze to try and figure out what's going on. Pep rallies, cheerleaders, new kids in the neighborhood are just some of things our hero and her sidekick slash best friend Aisha have to deal with in the first book in Tin Universe's new middle grade series.

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: