Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Wednesday While Writing there was daemons, sun dried tomato hummus, and triage



     If you follow me on Twitter you will know we got a trial of Hulu Plus and I've been watching much nonstop when home alone nothing but classic Doctor Who and so today is no different and I'm started today watching one of my all time favorite Doctor Who stories- The Daemons.
     Maybe between Doctor Who stories I'll catch up on internet videos.
     But then again DOCTOR WHO!
     As always on Wednesday I'm going to briefly talk about the things I'm watching as I go so I hit play on Doctor Who: The Daemons.
     The Daemons is another one of those really good 3rd Doctor era stories that would have made a really good movie for its time without much being changed. It has that great 70's British scifi/horror feel to it.
     Oh, and a little note that came into my brain last night while watching more 3rd Doctor and its the more I watch of that era, the more I think it might be one of the best if not the best of any time of Doctor Who's long history.
     Some YouTube series I watched while eating a snack of sun dried tomato hummus and crackers:
- Healthcare Triage: The Healthcare System of the United States I love this series. It takes really complicated and a lot of times things full of misleading information on the internet and Healthcare Triage breaks it down a way that reveals the facts.
- AmandasChronicles: What YouTubers are HIDING Amandas Chronicles is one of my favorite online shows. Funny, creative, and always doing things that make you think.
- My Gimpy Life - Ep 6: Day Jobs The show returns for a second season. You should check it out, its a really good show.
- The Chemical Mind - Crash Course Psychology #3 I was so happy when I heard they were doing a Crash Course Psychology and loving it so far.
- sexplanations: Ask Lindsey #9: Humor, First Times, and Spitting Sexplanations is a great show that everyone should watch and also let their teenagers watch also and also also use it to talk about issues with their kids and also with your lovers and friends.
     Now back to writing and more Doctor Who with The Mutants. I can't remember if I've ever seen this story? As I've said before my local PBS station only place a few 3rd Doctor stories but I've heard over and over and over and over again over the years how bad The Mutants was maybe that's why I think I've seen it. Well, anyways. I hope its good.
     How many Doctor Who stories has Geoffrey Palmer been in? He improves everything so it's always good. He's one of my favorite British actors and brings so much to every role he plays.
     While the dish washer was being too loud to hear the TV, as our TV only has one speaker that works, I put Pandora on shuffle:
- Fat Bottomed Girls by Queen
- Sweet Child Of Mine by Guns N Roses
- Crazy Train by Ozzy Osbourne
- Goodbye TO You by Scandal
- Somebody To Love by Queen
-We Belong by Pat Benatar
     With writing frustrations and loud neighbors I decided I better take a walk before exploding.
     When I cam back I decided I'd finish The Mutants another time and put in Absolutely Fabulous and dived back into the story. The neighbors are still being assholes so my characters are going to pay the price for their loud music.

other things of possible interest,

     The monthly free Tin Universe story series returns with scenes of insanity, reality, and a mention in there somewhere about some gross gravy. Tin Universe monthly is a short story, vignette, flash fiction series that explores and uncovers the wider Tin Universe leading up to and between books.

     A new issue of Tin Universe Monthly is uploaded and ready to read for free on the 22nd of every month throughout 2014.

     Someone is zombifying athletes at Clear Cut High School in Utah. Lucky the school has its own young superhero in the person of Mildred Betbeze to try and figure out what's going on. Pep rallies, cheerleaders, new kids in the neighborhood are just some of things our hero and her sidekick slash best friend Aisha have to deal with in the first book in Tin Universe's new middle grade series.

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: