Wednesday, February 26, 2014

New Merch Wednesday is schedules, posters, and propaganda



     So if you didn't catch my update yesterday I made changes to the Blogging schedule. To recap I changed up the blogging schedule based on the things people seem to like the most and want to see more of. I'll be doing more of the same as the year goes on.
     I'm no longer doing While Writing on Wednesday and moved New Merch to Wednesday from Tuesday. The While Writing stuff was fun but I do some of that already on my Tumblr so as I try to find out what works for me in different places as to where and what content I put out I think that sort of thing works better on Tumblr than here on Under The Training Book.
     And as always these things remold as the internet remolds and as I remold. I'm a pretty moldy guy.
     The other change I made to blogging here was doing away with Sunday Questions mainly because we are usually so busy on Sunday so it cuts down on my time to sit down and answer questions or make up questions or anything of the like. Though if you do have questions for me you can ask on my Twitter or even better once again on my Tumblr where I have the questions thingee open there.
     New schedule below:
     Monday: Sunday Night Movie Night
     Wednesday: New Merch Is...
     Thursday: Talking With Mar...
     Friday: Brain Leakage From...
     Saturday: I Wish I Was Brave...
     * and to add another "as always" things that override the blogging schedule are Newly purchased Doctor Who DVDs or anything Doctor Who related that I need to drool on. Nearing a writing deadline because insanity is fun to play with but not have sex with. Librarian with good ideas, as they usually do. Trips to anywhere because adventuring is glory. And anything that pays cash to my wallet. BOOO empty wallet BOOO.

     Now on with Wednesday New Merch and today's new merchandise items are three posters.
     Man I really sounded like someone on QVC there in that sentence didn't I?
     Is QVC even still around?
     Onward.
     I had planned to post new posters for each release of the relaunch of Tin Universe Monthly but other ideas keep jumping ahead of things and I simply forgot I had planned to do it but with this entry I'll be caught up.
     The first three posters represent the first two issues of the series relaunch and the alternate Valentine's Day cover to #13. When I designed all of these covers last year it was a friend who told me I should sale them as posters because of the mock propaganda theme they have. I know other people do these types of covers way better than I could be I put a lot of work into making them and it doesn't hurt to have them in my stores for sale. That's the good thing about print on demand merch stores, no stock to sit on.
     I should also mentioned that the reason why the posters aren't full size movie posters is the sale price would be so high. Making small print posters keeps the cost down and if anyone wants one of these as a full size poster I can work that up and get it in the store. Just let me know.
     Which leads me to.
     With anything in my Zazzle stores if you would like to see an image on something different just let me know. If Zazzle offers it I'll try and make it happen.

other things of possible interest,

     The monthly free Tin Universe story series continues as we get some back story on one of the universes youngest villains and hints about things to comes. Featuring moments with Joanna Osip, The Black Friar, and The Dead Of Nechiansmere.
     A new issue of Tin Universe Monthly is uploaded and ready to read for free on the 22nd of every month throughout 2014. Tin Universe monthly is a short story, vignette, flash fiction series that explores and uncovers the wider Tin Universe leading up to and between books.


     Someone is zombifying athletes at Clear Cut High School in Utah. Lucky the school has its own young superhero in the person of Mildred Betbeze to try and figure out what's going on. Pep rallies, cheerleaders, new kids in the neighborhood are just some of things our hero and her sidekick slash best friend Aisha have to deal with in the first book in Tin Universe's new middle grade series.

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: