Wednesday, February 12, 2014

While Writing there was Roku, Sexplanations, and MASH



     When I got up this morning I was planning to write about first episodes of random anime series I watched on Netflix but someone borrowed our Roku box so changing gears.
    Roku?
    Ruku?
    Roko?
    I say it a different way just about every time.
    Today while writing, since its While Writing Wednesday, I'm going to talk a little about shows with new episodes that were in my inbox when I got up this morning as well as a little rant about my MASH DVDs which will be the background for the rest of my writing day.

     AmandasChronicles: Flappy Bird Deported NOT Bieber?
     I love AmandasChronicles. I discovered her channel because Hank Green mentioned it on an episode of Vlogbrothers. Really creative, fun, and with a lot of energy and wink of crazy dance alone life.
     Vlogbrothers: A Middle Aged Man
     Speaking of Vlogbrothers. I started watching Vlogbrothers about three years ago and now I watch just about everything Hank and John Green are involved with. Some of the most balanced discussions I've ever seen have been with Hank and John on very varied topics from Giraffe sex to global economies.
     Speaking of shows John Green is involved with that I like. At one time I checked out the Mental Floss website daily until a site redesign just put me off but I love this series. Though to be honest I only watch the episodes that John Green does.
     Another truth to tell, even though this is Hanks channel, I only watch the episodes with John playing FIFA. I don't have cable right now and the only thing I miss is watching sports;which are the best background noise for writing. I get just as much into watching these videos as I did any blood and guts sporting events.
     Another Green connected show. Sexplanations is honest, funny, to the point, and this episode explored a little bit of the history of censorship this country has had with sexual thingees.

    Anyone who knows me knows MASH is one of my all time favorite TV shows. Mar will tell you when we first moved in together I was going through a faze of watching my DVDs of the show over and over and over again to the point were I might be the reason she always reads while watching TV now.
    The only reason I would think about buying new MASH DVDs or whatever is because my originals take 8 fucking steps to start each episode. They didn't start putting even a second of thought into the design of the menus of these discs until halfway through the series.
     And NO PLAY ALL!
     I need Play All.
     Which while on the subject Netflix needs bad.
     MASH and a Play All function.
     I was a little sad the other day when Netflix's Twitter said they were adding MASH and it was the movie, which I like, but still- sad :(

other things of possible interest,

     The monthly free Tin Universe story series returns with scenes of insanity, reality, and a mention in there somewhere about some gross gravy. Tin Universe monthly is a short story, vignette, flash fiction series that explores and uncovers the wider Tin Universe leading up to and between books.

     A new issue of Tin Universe Monthly is uploaded and ready to read for free on the 22nd of every month throughout 2014.

     Someone is zombifying athletes at Clear Cut High School in Utah. Lucky the school has its own young superhero in the person of Mildred Betbeze to try and figure out what's going on. Pep rallies, cheerleaders, new kids in the neighborhood are just some of things our hero and her sidekick slash best friend Aisha have to deal with in the first book in Tin Universe's new middle grade series.

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: