Saturday, January 27, 2007

I WISH TO RE-MASTER MY HIGH SCHOOL YEARS. INSERT MORE DATES. A DATE, ANY DATE…

Look to the right…No, the right. I have links now. I’m special! Shut up Wave.
Now people can visit the places I spend too much time at work visiting when I should be spending more time at work, working. Hell, there is a concept worth adapting. But maybe not today. It is Saturday morning for Gods sake. I should be home watching my new Doctor Who season two set or at least watching some episodes from my Dungeons & Dragons the animated series set which I picked up about a month ago. Yes, I am a geek with very big letters.

I guess they are doing a George type re-mastering of Classic Star Trekepisodes. I don not know how I feel about this really? I like the re-created scenes for Star Wars. But I love the originals also and need both in my collection. In the sense that every geek needs a very understanding person in their live to put up with them. I do not like the having to buy 800 hundred different DVD and tape sets though to get everything. This is not Ted Turner doing some sort of crappy colorization. They actually make things better for the most part when doing this sort of thing. This from not seeing any of the re-mastered Star Treks but I know they have done slight things to some old Doctor Who episodes that worked when released on DVD and everyone who is ever near me knows that is my geek life.
I think something like what they did with the Doctor Who story Invasionwere they had missing episodes to recreate is great to go back to them and rework thing. A perfect situation for using animation to fix one of the BBC’s biggest fuck ups ever because only the biggest of us geeks would probably buy a DVD without all the story episodes, thus you can pull buyers into this story who may never have been attracted to it before. Lets hope the BBC does this with all the missing Doctor Who episodes. But if they started to over all do a re-mastering of classic Who how would I feel? I think excited. Then worried. Then broke because I would buy them the same as I did all the tapes and DVDs of Star Wars. I already have a lot of Doctor Who stories on tape(some more than one type version) and DVD.
I think the biggest thing for fans if being given a choice whether it is with Star Wars, Star Trek, or Doctor Who is for the producers of the products to make all the versions available and preferable on the same disk. Oh, and don’t even get me started talking about HD-DVD or Blue Ray disk or….AHHHH, because I think it is repulsive that these huge money making industries do not give a fuck about the wallets of the customers enough to make the machines were you can play all formats together…oh, and they could do it. Bastards, fucking….AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!…I told you not to get me started.

I went here for these to listen to for it to calm me down from the above feeling of a oncoming rant. These audio stories are so well done and some of the best stories ever done in the Doctor Who universe. If any of these trailers interest you, you should pop over to the official Big Finishsite and order a few of the CDs. I only have about 10 right now in my collection but plan to add lots, lots more. I thinking of doing a subscription since they now have a North American distributor here at The Alien Entertainment Store.

Written at the pay the rent job,
C.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: