Tuesday, January 2, 2007

IF 2006 DID NOT KICK MY ASS WHAT MAKES YOU THINK YOU WILL?

I came back to the day job today from New Years break to have them going at me about not being able to get a hold of me when they need to. You see technically at this job I am a shift lead and for those that do not know that is a supervisor but paid a lot less. Usually when a supervisor has a lead on their shift, they swing the work to the lead so the lead ends up doing everything the supervisor is getting paid a lot more money to do… or is suppose to be doing.
My manager and one of the owners of the company though considers me a supervisor because of all the supervisor sort of duties I have volunteered to take on and for the most part I like him and get along with him. But his company has hired two big wings who use to work at the other manufacturing type company I once worked for also. These two I do not as much care for but that is neither here nor there, the point to these two paragraphs being they wish to have me on call and be able to get a hold of me any time they wish to get a hold of me but I am not a supervisor in the correct sense of the word. That title does not belong to me. I think my manager would make me a supervisor but he is afraid of getting under the skin of our two best workers if he pushed me up that high. Though they do not wish to take on any extra responsibilities so I think he should just do it.
But what the words I have written was going towards was I got into it with the two big wigs, actually only one of the them, the other does not speak with me after we got into it once before and I make him look like shit in front of everyone. I told them if you want to be able to get in touch with me at all times get me a company phone. It’s that simple. I will only use it for work and then you can be responsible for putting minutes on it. I talked with my manager about this dispute and he said he would get me a card and maybe a phone just for work. I have no problem with using my personal phone for work as long as people don’t get into my face about not be able to get a hold of me because they ran out all of my minutes. Fucking factory work.
I’m getting the feeling I need to brush up the old resume because I like my manager but if I have to deal with the two stooges all the time I think I will go nuts with frustration.

I spoke earlier about the place the two big wigs once worked and I did also. They just started more lay offs today. I know that feeling and hope everything works out for these people. It is a very tough situation to be in and this time of year especially. Fucking factory work.

The first blog of the new year so I should mention the plans I will be trying to accomplish in 2007,
1-Send off at least one short story submission each month. I have something I am almost finished with for January, just need something to start on to send off for February.
2-Make sure my truck is fixed and ready to drive for good. I am getting really frustrated having to rely on others for rides because that truck keeps having problems come up. And I can not afford to buy anything else right now either.
3-Get my teeth repaired and a new set of my false teeth made. One of the reasons I’ve felt so down mentally and physically is the teeth problems I have and the issues I have with myself in how I look without them.
4-Get one book published by the end of the year either through a mainstream publisher or somewhere like iUniverse. I just need something in print so I can show people what I can do as a storyteller.
5-Get into better shape. I need to lose about 25pounds. I think I might start running in the morning when Wave leaves for work, at least to the end of the block and back and also start lifting weights. This goes back to me getting upset about how I look and it is up to me to do something about it.

C.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: