Sunday, June 24, 2007

Review: Captain America- Civil War

Two things before I start the Sunday review for this week. One this entry should have went online this morning but I spent a good day hitting every libuary open in the area and coming back with a arm full of books and spending a day with your best friend and the lady you love is just way better than being online any day. The other thing I wanted to mentioned was I am currently writing this from a non-spell checking program so I hope you are able to understand it beyond my stupidity.

Captain America: Civil War
written by, Ed Brubaker
Review by, Brian C. Williams

This collection which is part of the Marvel Universe crossover Civil War collects together Captain America #22-24 and The Winter Soldier: Winter Kills One-Shot. Say what you will about what other writers and Marvel Comics as a whole as to their treatment of the character of Captain America but Ed Brubaker nails the character and this series. As a big Captain America fan I beg Ed Brubaker please stay on this series for years. As a reader I trust no one else at Marvel to handle Captain America's legacy. Brubaker nails the character of Captain America, the symbol of Captain America, the supporting cast, and the mix of various enemies. This is one of the gems of the Civil War crossover and how a ongoing series works within a larger comics shared universe.

Adding the artwork of Perkins and Weeks and it blows most Marvel books totally out of the water. I have all of the Civil War books organized together in my libuary. This collection holds up easily on its own and which should be the case with any crossover tie-in.

Did I say how much I love Captain America right now. Anyone else would be fucking up the stuff Ed Brubaker is trying and doing on Captain America, Mr. Brubaker is hitting home run after home run. Lets just hope half of the quality in the series right now will make it into the movie.

C.
(C)brian c. williams
SYSTEM*PRODUCTIONS
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: