Thursday, June 14, 2007

THE TITLE IS: MAR, WAL-MART, DOUGLAS ADAMS, ROBIN BIRD, LEMONY SNICKET-HERE'S YOUR TABS

They released Mar's mom from the hospital today. Don't know if they actually know what was wrong with her but they do not think it was a heart attack. She's nice so I hope she feels better. Last night after I left work I went to stop and get milk and stuff for Mar since she has been running all over the place since her mom got sick. I stopped at a gas station, a Wal-Mart, and another Wal-Mart before I found that I still could not find the milk she likes so I just got some low fat milk, some cracker things she likes, a bottled coffee drink she likes, and a salad for her lunch tomorrow. I drove home and nearly got lost in the bad part of town which in Melbourne is most of the place before I got home to find Mar had not went to bed yet because she wasn't sleepy. I started taking the stuff I bought out of the bag to find I left one of my bags at Wal-Mart. I'm such a dumb ass. Luckily I got the main stuff she wanted but the salad and the stuff I got for my lunch today was left behind.

This quote is so me from one of my favorite writers when describing one of his characters:
He attacked everything in life with a mix of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which.
- - - Douglas Adams


Responses to comments left:
Robbin,
I don't write that creative sober. Give me some of that wine.

Will have the 2nd Draft of the book finished up and ready to go to the editor this Saturday and so between finishing up this draft and doing all the pay the rent work stuff I need to get done I'm going to be a busy bee between now and then.

Need to setup a full budget and work on it every check. Spending too much money and with all the things going on I need to keep track of every cent to make sure something does not fall through the cracks somewhere.

What else is going on? Oh, Mar checked out, The End: A Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket for me so I'm reading that now. Danced through a quarter of the book today laying on the bed with Mar laying beside me reading a book also. Nakered reading. You should try it. I would do a link, to the book, not the naked reading, perverts! but my head is killing me right now and linking will not help and I'm only doing things right now that will help. Argo(urgosp? whatever) I'm banging my head against the desk. Not really. Actually I'm drinking a Pepsi, just watched Robin Bird go out the door, and trying to wad through a bunch of e-mails to decide what I'm going to do which will piss off this group of people and what I am not going to do which will piss of another group of people. "It pays the rent Brian, It pays the rent." Once I finish reading The End I will do up a review for it and which will be posted in a future Sunday review post. See. I'm actually making a effort to make the reviews a weekly feature here. I have written hand written right now, purchased a journal just for writing those so I will be a couple ahead when I start posting them here. That will work for me against my laziness.

Just remember, Not knowing who you are is no excuse for not being who you are,
C.
Share/Save/Bookmark

4 comments:

Marlena said...

ergo

i'm trying to calm my nerves, but unfortunately i have nothing to mix my liquor with so i am drinking of your beers...which how high school! who seriously drinks beer? lol i love you and your nakerd reading :)

Marlena said...

Pssst... you will like The End. Not as much as listening to Tim Curry read it but you will like it.

Marlena said...

PPSSSSSt...you are Charlie. I've made up my mind!!

Anonymous said...

I was bracing myself for a link to your naked reading.

Actually, though, that sounds more like something John would do, not you.