Friday, December 6, 2013

Shamelessly Promoting After Taking A Few Days Off


     Took a few days off from shamelessly promoting the release of Tin Universe Middle Grade Series #1 here on the blog but now I'm back with no self-promotion guilt and also to talk about 2014 releases.

     I've gotten advice from both sides telling me this isn't the way to promote my book. Some saying I shouldn't be doing things this way on my blog, that its best just to release your book and let things fall how they are going to fall but my response is always what then, am I suppose to just hope people walk across it surfing the net? This is about using tools that are available and more important free, to get word out. It's also about learning as you go. The second one there is why I never get angry when people give me advice. If you have spoken to me about different ways of promoting then I'm always grateful for those words but if you only say YOUR DOING BLOGGER WRONG, YOUR DOING TWITTER WRONG, SELF-PUBLISHING ISN'T REAL PUBLISHING then ok, you do it your way, I'll do it mine. As the great poet said "Will Smith doesn't have to cuss in his rap to sell records. Well I do. So fuck him and fuck you too." 
     Then you have those who say that I should go further, that I should do spam emails, I should create fake reviews, I should blah blah blah. I'm doing things as they feel right to me and spamming doesn't feel right. Just not at all. It's badgering people. Like the homophobic assholes asking for money in front of Wal-Mart during this time of year and the jerkwoods shouting at you to buy their phones in the mall.
    I wont even mention the whole fake reviews thing because that just boggles my mind. I know its been going on for a really long time, way way way before the internet, and pointing the finger at self-publishes for this when they are just following the big publishers paved way of doing things is bullshit, but...nope, sorry, not my thing. Also the way I am I'd probably give myself more bad reviews than good. That's just how my brain works.
     With further honesty I will tell you if I had more people reading my blog I probably wouldn't do these blog posts but as I said, I'm just doing what feels right to me right now and what I can with the resources I have. In the end if I'm not doing the internet "right" I'm the one who has to go to jail for Holy Internet Law Violations.
     
     I came here to pimp so lets get to it some of that. In the Tin Universe store you can get notebooks with the covers for Tin Universe Middle Grade Series #1 on it. I can't wait until I get the chance to order one of each of these for myself.


     There are also a lot more Tin Universe materials in that store, many featuring the covers to my new book coming out on the 22nd of this month. It will be available for download on my Smashwords store for $1.00 per download. Like I've said before if you buy something from one of my stories I'll email you a PDF of Tin Universe Middle Grade Series #1 for free. All you need to do is put STORE ORDER RECEIPT in the subject box of an email with a copy of your order confirmation attached and send to hangofwednesday@gmail.com

     An update on the 2014 releases. For right now there will be two releases per month in 2014. I say for now because if I find a day job, waiting for a call about one today as I type this, some rescheduling will probably take place.
     The Tin Universe monthly series will restart in January as planned now. If you want to check out past Tin Universe stories go here.
    Also starting in January is the start of the God Mark website monthly series. The series will consist of a series of comic book pages posting one per month. If you want to check out more past God Mark related stories go here.
    In November of 2014 there will be a number of website pinup releases from what me and artist friends are calling Artists And Writers Drunken Brainstorming Sessions. This is something I'd like to do with different artists every year if I can.
    And then in December we will come to the next book in the Tin Universe Middle Grade Series but before we get to that, see below.

Mildred Betbeze, Tin Universe Middle Grade Series #1
“Zombified people make me itch so I’d rather not touch.”


Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: