Monday, December 16, 2013

Under The Training Book: Smaug, Faux documentation, and Delusions Of Grandeur

      I have a couple of things to say about The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug and almost all of them contain the words "really" and "long."
      I enjoyed the movie but it was really long. I would have normally needed two pee breaks and a snack break because these days every fucking movie is really long but there is a big difference between other director's films being really long and Peter Jackson's films being really long but since my bladder was empty and we just ate brownies before heading to the theater I sat through the whole thing uninterrupted, and again, it was long.
     Though, BLADDER ACCOMPLISHMENT ACHIEVED!
     It was also a movie that very much felt like the middle movie of three and that isn't a good thing. The things I spotted that suffered from the stretching into three movies was the town stuff and the dragon stuff.
     And that's the talkingish dragon ever in the ever of ever.

     Today To-Do List will be dishes, putting stuff in the slow cookers for slow cooked bbq chicken and slow cooked Rosemary beef stew, do a bunch of laundry, clean out vacuum, vacuum up all the glitter from Sundays gifts giving, and write some shit.

     Yesterday morning with a Special Christmas Sunday Movie Night ahead of us; while I should have been cleaning, I watched a lot of movie trailers online. Here's some quick short comments after viewing them:
     The Godzilla trailer was blah but I'm interested because its Godzilla. A dvd from the library watch.
     The Interstellar trailer was stock footage, boring voice over, and two seconds of film, and on my don't see list already. I would rant about not liking Nolan and how he's full of himself as a film maker but I've done that enough in the past so I wont even mention it.
     BUSTED! Mar was caught crafting when we were suppose to be cleaning.
     The Amazing Spider-Man 2 trailer was ok, but whats this about and whats going on? *Note they had this trailer before the Hobbit and it looked better on the big screen and I spotted more things I missed watching it on the Nook but it still looks like it might be a mess of trying to weave everything together. I didn't see the first movie on the screen but not because I didn't want to. If I have the cash at the time I will see this one at the theater.
     Then I got something thrown at me. Mar-"Where's your cleaning, off interneting trailers and you talk about  me."
     The Jupiter Ascending trailer is pretty, very pretty. A very pretty that will be another dvd from the library viewing.
     The only trailer I watched yesterday morning that was more cringe worthy than Noah was I, Frankenstein. Both seemed to be over thinking all over the place.
Evidence of the crafting and not cleaning.

      There pics of my not cleaning. More stuff thrown at me. Mar-"Your Tweets are the evidence dumbass"

      Out of context quote: Mar-"I like the faux primary source documentation on that tweet you favorited." Me"*stares blankly*"

      Random Twitter Thought:
      I have like five friends in nursing school. I hope they know I might be sending them pictures of moles when they graduate... because I will.
     
     Since my next book is coming out on my birthday I'm telling the hundreds of friends I have to buy it in lieu of a gift. #delusionsofgrandeur

      Speaking of which. Now for some shameless self-promotion.
 From the Tin Universe Store:

      Above is the 4th poster I made for myself as inspiration. I created these and printed them out and had them around my desk while writing this year. A lot of it is puffing up my own chest but that's needed sometimes. I decided to also make them available in the store because you never know, they might inspire someone else also.
     There are also a lot more Tin Universe materials in that store, many featuring the covers to my new book coming out on the 22nd of this month. It will be available for download on my Smashwords store for $1.00 per download. Like I've said before if you buy something from one of my stories I'll email you a PDF of Tin Universe Middle Grade Series #1 for free. All you need to do is put STORE ORDER RECEIPT in the subject box of an email with a copy of your order confirmation attached and send to hangofwednesday@gmail.com

     If you are interested in being part of the street team to get the word out go here and learn more.

Mildred Betbeze, Tin Universe Middle Grade Series #1
“Zombified people make me itch so I’d rather not touch.”

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: