Saturday, December 21, 2013

Under The Training Book: Freeman, PR, and Day Before BDay

     After reading this about Martin Freeman making a rape joke myself and Mar had a discussion on Facebook:
     Mar: First of all, it's not cool to be making jokes about raping someone. Like seriously, why should someone have to tell you this? Second of all, I do not understand celebrities not having enough PR sense to NOT make these kind of comments when, you know, promoting things that they would like us to spend money on. Do they not have handlers or anything?
     Me: Like the article said this isn't the first time he has let his mouth run too much. Your right, almost all big actors have agents and PR people who remind them before interviews to stick to topic or if they are the type to offend, try to keep things at a happy level.
     Mar: I seriously just do not get it. Ok, I get that are people that do not (apparently) find rape humor to be offensive. It's fucking abhorrent, but these people do exist. But I honestly do not get how someone can be so stupid as to actually say this stuff while promoting work. That level of dipshittery just flabbergasts me.
     Me: Me too. Every time it happens I'm thinking to myself, how stupid are these people. They play being fake for a living. Just do it in interviews too. And I know because I've been right beside people before interviews, people with loose lips and handlers and agents will remind them to Keep On Topic. Don't let the interviewer or yourself stray away from what you are there for. I've also been backstage when said handlers and agents end up banging their heads against the wall because of something that was said.
     Mar: Quoting Effie from Hunger Games, "Stick to the cards!"

     Now for some shameless self-promotion because its the day before my birthday, I'm watching Doctor Who: Sea Devil{a gift}, and writing, and also the day before my new book Mildred Betbeze, Tin Universe Middle Grade Series #1 comes out. But first, some merch.
From the Tin Universe Store:
Tin Universe, Middle Grade Series #1 menstee 1

     I already ordered one of these notebooks for myself for writing future books in the middle grade series. There are also a lot more Tin Universe materials in that store, many featuring the covers to my new book coming out on the 22nd of this month. It will be available for download on my Smashwords store for $1.00 per download. Like I've said before if you buy something from one of my stories I'll email you a PDF of Tin Universe Middle Grade Series #1 for free. All you need to do is put STORE ORDER RECEIPT in the subject box of an email with a copy of your order confirmation attached and send to hangofwednesday@gmail.com
     If you are interested in being part of the street team to get the word out go here and learn more.

Mildred Betbeze, Tin Universe Middle Grade Series #1
“Zombified people make me itch so I’d rather not touch.”

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: