Saturday, December 7, 2013

The Dreams Of Kings, Chili Slow Cooking, And Blackadder


     When its comes to the internet I feel like Ralph Hinkley from Greatest American Hero. I keep doing the internet wrong. I need a manual but mine must have fallen on the ground somewhere. The experts have this "doing the internet" thing down. I wish I had that skillset but you know day to day, day to day for those of us not gifted with the knowledge of doing the internet the right way.
     But I do want to change up things on how I'm promoting stuff here. It wont be the "right way" of doing things but I'm trying, I'm trying and maybe some day I will get the holy stamp of approval from The Overlords Of The Internet.
     If I'm going to use my blogger daily to promote the upcoming release of my new book- Tin Universe Middle Grade Series #1, I'm going to make these entries more blog entry like and less just pimp daddy like.
     Maybe doing this will get me back into blogging daily.
     It probably wont.
     Also reading my boring rambles might make people request I return to just merch. and book pushing.
     Speaking of my boring meaningless rambles, lets get with it. I started today by getting a chili going in the slow cooker; which should be done by the time Mar gets home from work. We love chili and make it at least once a month. We do the slow cooking so much we have two of them, a large one and a small one. We could probably even use a third because sometimes I like to cook a weeks worth of meals at once but then again we don't really have the room in the kitchen living in a small apartment for much of anything else.
     Though if I could wish for anything in the world right now, at this moment, I would wish for my own washer and dryer. This to me is the dream of kings.
     Watching Blackadder as my background noise as I write today. Every so often I like to rewatch these but I always binge on them when I do it so its a all or nothing thing for me with the adders. I find it works really great for background noise while doing other things. Comedies are good that way. Dramas or anything I haven't seen before are too distracting to use while working on anything.
     Off to stir the chili.
     Every time I open the chili to stir it, it makes me cry.
     Maybe I should blame Obama.
     No, I should blame ObamaCare.
     That's how things work isn't it? You don't discuss specific points you just say OBAMA! or OBAMACARE! or it's illegal or unconstitutional?
     If your answer to everything is OBAMACARE! Yes, you are playing the role of the dumbass. I'm sorry but someone had to tell you and your family and friends like you too much to do it, so I'm here for you :)
     Global Warming "But ObamaCare"
     Gas prices "But ObamaCare"
     Ben Affleck as Batman "But ObamaCare"
     ObamaCare has its good and bad points and as I have said before I think it just a political distraction to keep people from demanding universal healthcare and until we stop being puppeted against each other and go after the puppeteers of power the drug and medical companies who control the politicians we all lose and will continue to lose worse than the Braves during the rotten years.
     Poor Dale Murphy :(
     Now to get off my high horse standing on a soap box and try to end this blog entry. I still have to finish today's writing, clean out the refrigerator, and vacuum. I also date a librarian *finger point, wink* Don't be jealous.
     And before people start sending me hate mail for talking politics,
     "I'M NOT A FAT TURD, I'M A STOCKY TURD." That South Park quote is now my auto response to assholes no matter what they say.

   
     I want to get one of those ring binders and use it for organizing my notes for future stories in the series. There are also a lot more Tin Universe materials in that store, many featuring the covers to my new book coming out on the 22nd of this month. It will be available for download on my Smashwords store for $1.00 per download. Like I've said before if you buy something from one of my stories I'll email you a PDF of Tin Universe Middle Grade Series #1 for free. All you need to do is put STORE ORDER RECEIPT in the subject box of an email with a copy of your order confirmation attached and send to hangofwednesday@gmail.com

Mildred Betbeze, Tin Universe Middle Grade Series #1
“Zombified people make me itch so I’d rather not touch.”

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: