Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Under The Training Book: Condoms, Small Businesses, and Beverly Hills Cop

     Reading what politicians say and push to be law is like the real word version of internet comments and the moderation of said comments on websites. Such as in Louisiana, carrying condoms can be enough for a prostitution arrest? I got this one. So people should just not buy condoms, issue solved. Wait, what, you say that might cause problems????

     I grow smarter on a curve every single day because the world is growing stupider.

    And speaking of stupid.

     I'm all for supporting local businesses and small businesses but I don't do it blindly. The same way I don't boycott any business blindly when shopping at other places and ignoring what they are doing. Support and non-support of any business shouldn't be based off some kind of cheerleader to our ears trend.
     A lot of small and local businesses suck. I'm sorry but they do.
    And before anyone says anything, yes I do include self-publishers; which are small businesses, in this.
     Don't tell me a business is better just because its local or small. Fuck that. Big doesn't mean better or worse and neither does small or local. Oh, and local doesn't really mean small, it could be local and huge company that does nothing for the local area.
     A good business is a good business no matter its size or location by operating with good costumer service which stretches to good interaction with costumers, good trouble shooting questions, a good store atmosphere, and a willingness to admit you have been a dumbfuck.
     See that last one up there is the big one. If you want to stand out from a big businesses, be willing to be a fucking human being in the way you operate.
     Since I mentioned bad local and small businesses, here are a couple GREAT local small businesses I love: Famous Faces & Funnies, Mustard's Last Stand, and Julie’s British Shoppe. I have no shame in promoting things I like and do so every chance I get.

     Speaking of no shame. Now for some shameless self-promotion.
 From the Tin Universe Store:

     Above is the 5th poster I made for myself as inspiration. I created these and printed them out and had them around my desk while writing this year. A lot of it is puffing up my own chest but that's needed sometimes. I decided to also make them available in the store because you never know, they might inspire someone else also.
     There are also a lot more Tin Universe materials in that store, many featuring the covers to my new book coming out on the 22nd of this month. It will be available for download on my Smashwords store for $1.00 per download. Like I've said before if you buy something from one of my stories I'll email you a PDF of Tin Universe Middle Grade Series #1 for free. All you need to do is put STORE ORDER RECEIPT in the subject box of an email with a copy of your order confirmation attached and send to hangofwednesday@gmail.com

     If you are interested in being part of the street team to get the word out go here and learn more.

Mildred Betbeze, Tin Universe Middle Grade Series #1
“Zombified people make me itch so I’d rather not touch.”

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: