Friday, March 23, 2007

AND THE TITLE IS: NOTICE ON, EMERGENCY UNLESS

Work is work. Another weekend working coming upon me. I think I might be sick. You know the works is work and always will be work sort of sick?

I am going to be so dead during this weekend because I really need to get a lot of writing done also which means no sleeping late for this lazy man. Plus I really want to spend some good time with the lady I love. Isn’t having to find time to spend with the people you love some sort of sin of modern living?

From Work Whining To Responses To Comments Left:

P,
I may restart my Live Journal down the road or do some kind of feed from here to there. When it gets closer to the time to announce some projects I am involved in I will be doing lots of online things to promote myself. Hey, as a friend once told me, “If you don’t promote yourself, no one else will. Well, unless you have a big agency behind you but that’s not the point.”

Geek Speak:

TENNANT SIGNS UP FOR FOURTH SERIES
Good news. I really like Tennant’s run as The 10th Doctor so far. I think those who have not taken to his Doctor are more or less missing the fine performances of Christopher E. and wish he had done more than the one season.

Stardust movie trailer
I have been waiting for this movie to be made for a long and can not wait to see it. Oh, and it is written by my favorite writer.

Back To Reality:

Reality is my name is boring. I have found the ways of dealing with it. I tend to put my middle initials always in my name. Brian C. Williams. The reasons why are two fold. That is my fathers middle name also and it sounds a little more writerly that way. Brian Williams would look rather boring on a book cover. Brian C. Williams is not much better but at least it is a little better. Sorry, just thinking out loud there.

I’m the type of person who writes in a thinking out loud sort of style. I’m the type of person who forgets to to put food back into the icebox. I’m the type of person who gets angry at little things while letting everything large hit me without paying them much attention. I know, what about the old saying, “Don’t sweet the small stuff, it’s all small stuff.” Not with me. I’m the type of person who drives the same way to the same places because going in a different route to the direction I am heading will probably have fate bitch slap me into being lost and going down some dead end road. I have went down so many dead end roads in my life. I’m the type of person who is confused by sexism but can understand racism. I’m the type of person who thinks The Confederate Flag is a the flag of home grown terrorists then and now. I’m the type of person who is willing to tell you to, “Fuck Off!” and when you ask what did you do? I may say, “You take in breaths without pain. That I envy.” I’m the type of person who writes no matter what others say about my writing, the type of person who have no front teeth and wonders if getting fake ones is a way of others telling me how I should look, and I’m the type of person who ramblings for no reason. Give me a reason. I may just give it back or run with it for 10000 words interrupting anything I would be currently working on.

I hate holidays and holidays story collections but three editors asked me if I could submit something for collections they would be releasing this year. Wonder if I could put my bells on and do one of those stories?

Still wondering.

The novella I think may end up being a novel but the way I keep writing and then hacking most of what I have written away it still maybe a novella or a short story and who really cares as long as it is a story told. I will worry about labeling it later. I still have no idea how I am going to end it without people saying, “That’s the ending?” after reading it. Though I guess it will be some kind of accomplishment if they make it to the ending without saying, “This is crap to anyone who is near them as they are reading it.”

And In The News:

Report: U.S. Left Large Weapons Depot Unguarded in Iraq
A newly declassified U.S. government report has revealed that half of the US deaths in Iraq have been caused by explosives seized from old Iraqi military depots that have been left largely unguarded since the fall of Saddam Hussein. Over 3200 U.S. soldiers have died since the war began four years ago.
Democracy NOW!
More of the mistakes made at the beginning of this war. From what I have read and I’m no military expert or even that read in military matters but it seems like the war was probably going down hill from the pre-war planning stages through the first few months of battle.

Stars say goodbye to John Inman
More thoughts of goodbyes.

Abe sex slave row
Sexual crimes have always been hidden or ignored. And especially when women are the victims.

U.S. Troop Level in Iraq to Reach 173,000
Meanwhile Newsweek is reporting the number of US troops in Iraq will reach a record 173,000 by July.
Democracy NOW!
Maybe I’m just a small town boy but that number just seems amazing to me.

Whale fossil is found in vineyard
When I was five I found a dog bone, Literally a bone that once held a dog up on four legs, and when I got it home I thought it was a Dinosaur bone. I wrote a short story about it years later which ended up having that vague Sandman feel to it. Wonder if I still have that somewhere?

U.S. Tries to Prevent Turkey From Attacking Northern Iraq
The Guardian newspaper is reporting the Bush administration is scrambling to prevent Turkey from attacking Kurdish-controlled areas in northern Iraq. U.S. officials fear such an attack would open up a third front in the battle to save Iraq from disintegration. Turkish sources said special forces operations have already begun in northern Iraq to target fighters connected to the PKK or the Kurdish Workers' Party. This would not be the first time Turkey has invaded Northern Iraq. Ten years ago Turkey sent 40,000 troops into Iraq but there was been no large-scale Turkish intervention since the US invasion four years ago. The U.S. has vowed to crackdown on the PKK but Turkey accuses the US of playing a double game in northern Iraq. Officials say the CIA is covertly funding and arming the PKK's sister organization, the Iran-based Kurdistan Free Life party, to destabilize the Iranian government.
Democracy NOW!
Sleep with one enemy get knifed by the other.

NASA think tank to be shut down
The U.S. government has no time for thinking. Only action.

Dazzling new images reveal the 'impossible' on the Sun
Feel small Earth people? Well, you should.


Written at the pay the rent job,
C.
As always if you have any comments you wish to make by e-mail you can contact me by:
hangofwednesday@gmail.com
If you wish for me to keep your name and information private please let me know so in the e-mail.

Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I liked your "I'm the kind of person" rant. Well-said.