Thursday, March 1, 2007

THE TITLE IS-I HATE FEW THINGS BUT GET PISSED ABOUT MANY

With A Little Help From Them I May Go Crazy:

The pay the rent job is driving me nuts this week. Though when doesn’t it. The nature of factory work I guess. With me having the weekend off it is sort of like what happens the week before you go on vacation. Without fail you will have one of the fuckish weeks and without fail you will have one of the longest weeks.

From Work Whining To Responses To Comments Left:

Marlena,
It is ridiculous how people are so blind in so many ways. From hating gay penguins to hating a cartoon character that speaks of tolerance. I think someone needs to send a squad of angry Postal Workers to the 700 Club.

Geek Speak:

Buffy The Vampire Season Eight comic series.
Dark Horse
I will be so geeking waiting for the trade to come out for this series since I no longer buy monthly comics.
Cool Buffy artwork here and a really good site here.

Back To Reality:

With my head killing me tonight I have not been doing much writing on the novella. And with Tornado warnings popping up around me I just think it’s a conspiracy to destroy my weekend off.

And In The News:

McCain Confirms 2008 Presidential Bid
On the campaign trail, Senator John McCain has confirmed he will seek the Republican presidential nomination in 2008. McCain made the announcement Wednesday on the Late Show with David Letterman.
Democracy NOW!
Great the guy is running who has sleep with one side of the political system to the other so much he needs a visit to the free clinic and some people still fall for so much of his bullshit. Anyone who has even a little bit of respect for John McCain have to be either wishing over a dried out well or choking themselves for pleasure while watching him speak because either way they are dumb to think this guy represents anything other than his own personal goal of becoming the new Mr. President.

New York Bans N-Word
In New York, the city council has approved a ban on the use of the n-word. The symbolic vote was passed unanimously.
Democracy NOW!
Am I the only person who thinks wanting to ban words is stupid and very dangerous? Ok, now lets ban the C word, the B word, the F word, what else? Words are communication and if you truly wish to address issueS with words used for hate then you first address the hate itself and the social issues behind it. This is symbolic, yes and worthless as most things symbolic are. A good photo op for all involved though.

Snow at CPAC: We didn't create the war in Iraq
Snow told the crowd, and 'when we win...the rest of the world's going to say, 'We want to be like America.'"
The Raw Story
Mr. Snow the rest of the world is saying that. But not for the reasons you put behind your thoughts. The rest of world is saying, ‘We can turture, America does.’ ‘We can detain without reason, America does.’ ‘We can choose what is right for other nations, America does.’

Written at the pay the rent job,
C.
Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wasn't too sure about John McCain, and now that he's one of the main supporters of "the surge" in Iraq, I have no respect for him. Your analogy about the free clinic was funny, by the way.

And I agree 100% that banning a word is ridiculous and dangerous, even if intentions are good.